Dixie Gun Works warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixie Gun Works warning

Yes, I know Dixie Gun Works is a questionable source for reproduction items but it is sometimes a good source for original parts. I dealt with some bad customer service in the past but today's experience really takes the cake.

I ordered five original 1842 front sights from them on the 6th, today I was told by a rather rude individual from DGW only two would ship because they have a policy limiting the ordering of original parts to no more than two per order. When I ordered these parts nothing was said about the policy or mentioned in the item description on their website.

I asked the DGW employee how I was suppose to know of this policy and all I got was silence. I then asked "Am I suppose to order two more today and a fifth on Friday for a total of five?" Answer - "Yes". "So in the end I still have five sights but you can't ship them all at once, that makes a lot of sense."

It was not so much the policy that made me angry but the absolute rudeness from the DGW employee on the other end of the phone.
    Last edited by JimKindred; 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM.
    Jim Kindred

Re: Dixie Gun Works warning

Jim:

I have been using S&S Firearms (not the Gettysburg sutler) for a number of years for this very reason. The S&S folks are super nice and have on one occassion accumulated the number of parts I needed over a couple of weeks, from whomever their sources are, to save on shipping.
    Ley Watson
    POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Hi,

Mr. Watson, could you send me their web address. Thanks
      Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Andrew,

Ley is reffering to S&S firearms out of Glendale NY. Here is thier website http://ssfirearms.com I have been dealing with them for the last 20 years. Always a pleasure never a hassle give them a call 718 497 1100.

There is another dealer that goes by S&S firearms out of Tempe AZ, apples & oranges, this place just deals in modern firearms.

Dave Bushmole

Comment

I began ordering from S&S Firearms out of Glendale NY back in the 70's when I was I college, I have to agree they are great folks to deal with.
          Jim Kindred

Comment

UPDATE:

I received the following from DGW a short time ago, it would appear I punched the right button when I wrote to them earlier -

Mr. Kindred:
            First let me apologize for the rudeness you received during your phone call.
            I certainly will check into this matter concerning the quantity on the front
            sights. If quantity is low on original items we do sometimes limit the
            amount we can ship but please allow me to check on this. A reply will be
            sent on Monday to you as I will be off this afternoon and tommorrow.
            Thank you
            DGW
            Jim Kindred

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the link.
              Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Final update -

I have been able to resolve the GS0655 sight issue this morning. We will be
                shipping you the additional 3 sights with no additional shipping. It is
                true that we do have the policy of only 2 items per customer if original but
                this has not been clearly stated anywhere. Again we do want to apologize
                for this problem and certainly hope to do more business with you again.
                Thank you,
                DGW
                Jim Kindred

Comment

Jim:

Descent recovery on their part. Must admit though, it takes a while for the old blood pressure to return to normal.

Dave:

Thanks for following up on the site request.
                  Ley Watson
                  POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Working...
                  X