Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very helpful (thorough) list of authentic vendors

Hello all,
    As some may have seen in some of my other recent posts I have been grumbling about the shrinking "approved vendor" list a bit because it is may not be as complete as it could be. Well, after a bit of searching I found an excellent link to the 2nd Wis. V.I. list of suggested vendors(*obvious Federal emphasis). It has many of the old familiar authentic merchants but a few that were new to me. They seem to have really done their homework. The organization of the list into "who sells authentic ____" makes it useful for quick reference. Check it out if you haven't already:

If anyone has a similar list for CS impressions please share as well.

Best,
    Clay Pendleton
    Last edited by claynpendleton; 09-26-2008, 10:37 PM.
    Clay N. Pendleton
    Muncie, Ind.
    Memberships:
    CWPT, NTHP, AASLH, AAM, Phi Alpha Theta, NAWCC

Re: very helpful (thorough) list of authentic vendors

It will be interesting to see how often the authors update the list as vendors come and go.
    -Clay
    Last edited by claynpendleton; 09-27-2008, 11:38 PM.
    Clay N. Pendleton
    Muncie, Ind.
    Memberships:
    CWPT, NTHP, AASLH, AAM, Phi Alpha Theta, NAWCC

Comment

Go back and check again. Chris is listed in several places.
      Thomas N. Rachal

Comment

Hi Clay,

Thanks for your appreciation of our merchant list for the Citizens Guard. Over the years we have received many questions of where do you guys get this from and to make things easier, we usually update our listing every other year to help our members out and those desiring accurate uniform, equipage, and other furnishings.

Our group is a mess/platoon in size nowdays so the need to update it more frequently is not as necessary as in prior years.

There are plenty of good sources for Confederate uniform and equiapge out there. Try going to the contact page in the Sinks updated by Dusty to see some units that share their merchant listings on the Web. Also the approved vendors on this site is an excellent source as well.

Thank you again for your kind words,

Tom
        Tom Klas
        Hard Head Mess
        Citizens Guard

Comment

Mods, Is it permitted to recommend a vendor who is listed on that link, based on a satisfying personal transaction with one of them?
          Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
          Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Working...
          X