Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Frock Coat

Hi,

W,W, and Company did a spectacular job on my CS frock coat. The attention to detail and the quick responses to my e-mails were wonderful. The button holes and hand sewing are amazing looking. I placed the order for it in August, and they got it to me this Saturday. A month earlier than what I had asked them to get it to me by. I would recommend anyone that is looking to buy a CS frock coat, or for that matter any CS or US clothing, to buy it from W,W, and Company. It will be well worth every cent. I have posted a picture of the frock coat. :D

Andrew
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andrew Kasmar; 10-12-2008, 11:39 AM.
    Andrew Kasmar

Re: CS Frock Coat

Another happy man by W&W and Company :) :) :)
    William Miconnet
    French Mess
    AES
    BGR & IPW Survivor
    Never ever give up!
    In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
    I believe!

Comment

Andrew,

What fabric and lining is your nice new coat made from? Looks great on you.

Erik
      Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
      16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
      Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Erik,

The body was made from the sumac dyed gray jean:

And it was lined in my new osnaburg:

Best,
        Dan Wambaugh
        Wambaugh, White, & Company
        www.wwandcompany.com
        517-303-3609
        Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Now that is what I like to see. A Confederate soldier with a clean uniform and a polished musket. Very under represented in our hobby.
          Frank Perkin

Comment

Frank Perkin
            Now that is what I like to see. A Confederate soldier with a clean uniform and a polished musket. Very under represented in our hobby.

Hi,

That just means that I need to get out to more events.:D:wink_smil
            Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Kasmar View Post
              Frank Perkin

Hi,

That just means that I need to get out to more events.:D:wink_smil

That's right, Andrew. Atta boy! Clean and polished is 'fresh fish'.

Frank, you obviously haven't done a realistic, more-than-a-Saturday/Sunday-Morning 'campaign' event, and weren't at BGR.

This is 'under represented' for a reason.

"Campaign", means movement and not merely sleeping without a tent. Unless you're sitting in garrison, which was rare, you're not going to have time beyond maybe washing your face and hands while crossing a stream. It is not that he did not desire to be clean and polished, but didn't have the time or when the marching for the day stopped, didn't have the energy. You are exposed to sweat, dust, dirt, sap, sulphur, blood, smoke, grease, bacteria and moisture. At BGR, folks showed up with new clean undyed Applers and by the end of day 4 they were filthy. And as far as highly polished muskets, read the thread on enfields blue vs. bright..... CS troops loved how shiney Yankee muskets were because it made them so easy to target. And again. A 'bright' or 20+ year old '42 is going to have some patina on it and not be 'off the shelf' chrome-like. But don't take the actual accounts or my word for it; come see and learn it for yourself as it will be the most eye-opening historical experience you or anyone has had in the hobby. I guarantee you no one will be "pretty" when it's over....

...You'll understand all of this after you come to Piney Woods in March.

“We have been in the pine woods a week and have not shifted our clothes and we are as black a set of white men as you ever saw.” -an unnamed Confederate Texan on Campaign.

Best Regards.......and nice coat, Andrew.
              Jay Stevens
              Tater Mess
              Independent Volunteers
              Iron Man Mess
              Reenactor Preservation Coalition
              Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
              Lost Tribes, October 2009
              Bummers, November 2009
              Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
              The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
              In the Van, August 2010
              Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

"Campaign", means movement and not merely sleeping without a tent. Unless you're sitting in garrison, which was rare, you're not going to have time beyond maybe washing your face and hands while crossing a stream. It is not that he did not desire to be clean and polished, but didn't have the time or when the marching for the day stopped, didn't have the energy. You are exposed to sweat, dust, dirt, sap, sulphur, blood, smoke, grease, bacteria and moisture.

Jay, I mean no offense when I say this, but I'm going to guess that you were never in the (modern) military, and if you were, you were not an infantryman...right? I am not saying that we should be obsessed with cleanliness, but good soldiers recognize the value in keeping their weapons (and their bodies) clean; during the Civil War or now, pride in appearance ranked highly in measuring a unit's morale and--by extension--fighting ability.
                While I am new to reenacting, one of my first observations is that, rather than looking like fresh-fish, I think too many in this hobby go out of their way to appear "rugged" and, for lack of better word, filthy.

Your obedient servant.
                Marc
                [B]Marc Turk[/B]
                124th New York
                [I]"The Orange Blossoms"[/I]

Comment

I was just gettin ready to say how good you looked Andrew, but yet to clean ha ha. and to Jay, I totally agree with you on your response to Frank, I wasn't at BGR, but I heard alot about it. I was however at the Pea Ridge thing this past March, I know it wasn't like bgr but yet it sure did give me that feel that soldiers got in WINTER! Over time I've let me stuff get dirty so I look like I've been on campaign, I have rolled in some mud and done all that good jazz too. But again to Frank, do you really think that a SOUTHERN soldier around here would look that clean, and have that polished of a musket, after fightin and campaignin, even after a month? like I said I haven't gone to BGR, or any of those type of campaign events, but I'm goona hit some up in 09! but Andrew, you look great!
                  Kyle (Cuffie) Pretzl
                  The Tater Mess

Comment

Hi,

I totally agree with you Kyle and Jay, I am way to clean. The main reason for this, is that I just got the coat out of the box, the trousers were used at 2 events, shoes I used once, canteen I have never used, haversack I have never used, hat used once, musket used three times, shirt I have never used, socks I have never used, knapsack used once, and leathers used at 3 events. All that being said, you can see why I look so clean. But I am working on fixing that a little:D, by adding dirt and grease to the haversack, trousers, coat, and etc. I will have to post a picture of myself after Prairie Grove, and then you will see me nice and dirty. Thanks for all of your post.

Andrew
                    Andrew Kasmar

Comment

No worries pard, I totally understand the new thing, hope to see ya at PG, o and if I come through your camp in ropes because I got captured tryin to visit yo boys, vouch for me will ya? ha ha
                      Kyle (Cuffie) Pretzl
                      The Tater Mess

Comment

Clean vs dirty is a CYCLE. Stuff WAS clean and stuff WAS dirty. To swing one way or another all the time is WRONG. This topic is being beat to DEATH.

It is a good looking coat, I have been a firm believe in Dan's work since the begining. Looking at my current gear I have little from him due to my current trend of civilian events. Perhaps I should place some things on my list from him again!
                        Mitchell L Critel
                        Wide Awake Groupie
                        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Hey Andrew!
                          Great looking coat - but waaay too clean.
                          Regards,
                          Scott Dallimore
                          14th SCVI Co. I "McCalla's Rifles"
                          Reedy River Mess - 16th S.C. The Greenville Rg't
                          -------------------------------------

Comment

Jay and crew

You may not remember me, but I met you at Picket's Mill, and yes I have attended WIG campaign events. I think the "clean" thing comes in many different flavors. In the modern Army infantry in which I served, being dirty in the field was a sign of poor discipline and morale. I guess it depends on the individual unit leadership, and the standards they set. Some commanders didn't care, and others did. I do think that allot of guys go a bit overboard on the "ragged rebel" look.

See you in the field

Frank
                            Frank Perkin

Comment

Working...
                            X