K&P Historical Textiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K&P Historical Textiles

I would buy many yards of this wonderful fabric if they choose to do a run.

Regards,
    Mark Wallace
    Wabash & Erie

Comment

Peter,

Yes, I picked up around 60-70 yards of blue gray kersey from FHW a few weeks ago, and the other day secured a finisher to finish around 50 yards of it. The color is excellent and was actually matched to fibers taken from the seam allowance of an original Tait jacket. I am not certain how long it will be before I have the finished kersey available for sale, but I do believe it will be priced around $35-$40.

In the meantime we have a limited amount of the unfinished FHW kersey available for $24/yard.

I would be very interested to watch the progress of this project. While I think the price would be prohibitive for any commercial sales (no on will want to pay me $340.00+ for a jacket) it will nevertheless be of interest to the two yard at a time crowd. I had a very bad experience with the last piece of County Cloth English Army Cloth I purchased, so at the very least it would be nice to see a new source be made available.
      Dan Wambaugh
      Wambaugh, White, & Company
      www.wwandcompany.com
      517-303-3609
      Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Dan, that's great news. Thank you for the update - I can't wait to get my hands on a few yards of that when its done.
        Peter Julius
        North State Rifles

"North Carolina - a vale of humility between two mountains of conceit." Unknown author

Comment

I think what they are waiting for is to see if there is real interest in them doing a run. By the looks of the responses on this thread, there seems to be a fair amount of interest.
          I as well would be interested in buying some of their material. I am going to shoot out a email to some people tonight and see if we can't get the ball rolling on this. If I find anything out, I will post it here.
          Tom Backus
          Brown Bottle Mess
          Co. H 3rd Arkansas

Comment

Also I'm not sure if they have a website, and this is going to make me sound really nerdy but they do have a Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/people/Kocha...196?ref=search They do have pictures of a few swatches on there.
            Tom Backus
            Brown Bottle Mess
            Co. H 3rd Arkansas

Comment

It looks like K&P will have their first run of English Army cloth (ACW Tait Mixture Kersey as they call it) available this November. You can view their first sample mixture of this on their website.

V/r
              Jon Bocek

The Dandy Man Mess
              Respectfully,
              Jon Bocek

~ The Dandy Man Mess / WA / VLH / LR ~

Comment

Just a quick update on this tread, Kochan & Phillips now has updated their site to reflect that their custom made Tait Kersey is now available for sale. Outstanding news! They have the only Tait Kersey available right now. I'm going to place my order tomorrow. Get it while it's available gents!
                [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="5"]Eric Davis
                Handsome Company Mess
                Liberty Hall Drum Corps [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Who carries their Tait kersey in the US? I've seen their fabric on Najecki's (sp?) site, but didn't see any specific reference to that cloth.

Thanks!
                  John Wickett
                  Former Carpetbagger
                  Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

He has bolts of fabric in his antique store in Frederick MD. I poped by the shop the other day but he only keeps weekend hours... I am not in Frederick on the weekends. :-(
                    Brad Ireland
                    Old Line Mess
                    4th VA CO. A
                    SWB

Comment

Needle and thread in Gettysburg stocks their stuff.
                      [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="5"]Eric Davis
                      Handsome Company Mess
                      Liberty Hall Drum Corps [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                      X