Dirty Back Boys / Eric Woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Back Boys / Eric Woods

I would like to share a recent pleasant experience with a vendor.
    I am getting back into the hobby and have been looking for quality gear. I had my heart set on a set of painted cloth gear, but didn't think I would be able to afford a new set and could not find any used pieces. I found the Dirty Back Boys website (www.dirtybackboys.com) and emailed Mr. Woods. We began talking and I ordered a set of his painted cloth gear. I was a little skeptical at first because of the price (cheaper than some used sets have sold for in the past) but when I received them- WOW I was impressed. The gear is very well constructed, and compares favorably to a painted cloth cap pouch and scabbard I examined several years ago. The items have hand and machine stitching where appropriate. The finish looks in line with original items as well.
    Mr. Woods is very knowledgeable, courteous, and skilled. He shipped my items very quickly and even called to verify my address before hand. I plan to order more items in the future from him.
    Please excuse my poor quality photos, they do not do these items justice!

Last edited by marktaylor; 01-31-2009, 02:53 PM.
    Mark Taylor

Re: Dirty Back Boys / Eric Woods

Nice looking items. I'm not crazy about the bright white thread being used but other than that the stuff looks well made. Eric has always been a good guy to work with.

Josh Sawyer
    Liberty Rifles
    Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

Comment

I too have a set of Eric's painted cloth gear I have had it for a couple of months now and has worked great for me. Eric is one of the best vendors I know with price going up on everything its nice having a vendor around giving you great products for a great price.
      Tony "TJ" Vittone

5th VA Co. H,
      Pine Top Mess,
      3rd Ark Mess

Comment

How much did that set you back? I didn't see it on their price list.
        Frank Perkin

Comment

Having recently received my set from Eric Woods of the Dirty back boys, I need to chime in on this thread. I am EXTREMELY pleased with my set of accoutrements. I'm not as much of an expert as some on this forum, but in my honest opinion, the crafsmanship is top notch. This is not a cheap quickly produced product. I honestly don't see how they are making much money at these prices. Not to find fault with my buddy Mark's photos, but the close ups are a bit fuzzy. Almost a double exposure on the stitching pics. The stitching is a lot less obvious and very tight. I'd recommend that if you want a set, to act quickly. They won't be able to sell them this cheap forever. I think the price is now $190 a set, which is a STEAL. And might I also add that Eric Woods is one of the nicest, most professional vendors that I've EVER dealt with....in ANY business. Once the secret is out, you might have missed out. Just glad I got mine.

D.W. Scalf
          D.W.(Trace)Scalf
          19th Alabama Infantry(Australia)
          [url]http://www.19thal.50webs.com/[/url]

“Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.”

"Only the dead have seen the end of War".
          George Santayana

Comment

I am a frequent customer of Eric and he is by far one of my favorite sutlers. His attention to detail and customer service are fantastic. He also does clothing as well, he produced a CS 4 button Jacket for me and I love it.

A+++++++++++++ Rating with me, I'd recommend him to anybody.
            Kindest regards,

Robert "Rocky" Kilpatrick
            Prattville Lodge #89 F&AM

Comment

I have one of Eric's SA Blouses. Couldn't be happier with the Material, workmanship or price.

My buddy just picked up a painted cloth set from him too. First rate.

Get down to the Depot in g-burg if you haven't already. Wayne and Eric have a TON of good stuff in there but it is flying off the shelf.

And if you ever want custom work done to have an original reproduced, check them out too. There is really nothing they wont try.
              Eric D. Wilson

Comment

I Just received my Painted cloth Cartridge Box,Sling, and Cap Pouch from Eric and couldn't be happier.His craftmanship is top notch with great attention to detail!!! He really is a great vendor!!!
                Mike McSpadden

Comment

How does one get a hold of Mr. Woods?
                  Thanks,
                  Bill Feuchtenberger

Comment

The Dirty Back Boys are no longer doing buisness as that name. It is now solely owned and operated by Wayne Hutzell. The new web address is www.whutzell.com He also carries a full line at the Depot in Gettysburg.
                    Edward Cupp

Confidence is going after moby dick in a row boat and taking the tater sauce with you

Comment

PM sent with Eric Wood's contact details, since Eric is the one who actually made that set.
                      D.W.(Trace)Scalf
                      19th Alabama Infantry(Australia)
                      [url]http://www.19thal.50webs.com/[/url]

“Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.”

"Only the dead have seen the end of War".
                      George Santayana

Comment

If anyone has Mr. Woods' contact info, I'd appreciate it as I am in the market for a new Knapsack.

-Sam Dolan
                        Samuel K. Dolan
                        1st Texas Infantry
                        SUVCW

Comment

I'd appreciate knowing that too.
                          Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
                          Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
                          Former Mudsill
                          Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Last I heard, Eric has taken a break from producing items to focus on other things.
                            Mark Taylor

Comment

Thanks Mark, I understand, guys like that burn out pretty quickly. I was thinking of getting a cartridge box sling from him for that cartridge box I got from you. I have to get some tins for it too.
                              Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
                              Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
                              Former Mudsill
                              Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Working...
                              X