Stony Brook Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stony Brook Company

I wanted to give a quick note regarding Chris Sullivan.

I ordered a pair of Federal trowsers from Chris. He got them out to me in about two weeks. I was so impressed with the workmanship and fit that I ordered my son a pair, and myself a camel colored civilian wool pair a month or so later.

In the process of determining the size for the civilian trowsers, Chris determined that the 40 would best fit...I agreed that the 42 I ordered a month or so ago were now a bit loose due to my weight loss. Chris offered to have me send them in so he could alter them from a 42 down to a 40 and leave room to let them back out in case. Here is the kicker...all he asked was that I pay the shipping to him, and he would pay the return shipping. I plan to send them in (but I will pay all the shipping both ways) as soon as my next federal event is over.

Chris then sent the 2 pair of trowsers (my civilian and Garrett's federals) with promise of payment sent so that they were sure to arrive for this coming weekend. Not many folks in this hobby would do that.

Chris' customer service is on par with what we wished everyone offered, not just in this hobby but in all our dealings with merchants.

Order from Chris Sullivan at Stony Brook with confidence.
    Galen Wagner
    Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Re: Stony Brook Company

Chris is a very valuable asset to this community and his customer service is indeed bar-none.

Comment

I've had several equally pleasant dealings with Chris over the years. He truly is one of the people I would most want as a friend and neighbor.
      Joe Madden
      13th New Hampshire Vols.
      Co. E
      Unattached

Comment

He made me a pair of dark blue federal pants that are top notch. Exactly as advertised, gave great advice, and delivered on time. I strongly suggest his work.
        Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
        Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Mr Sullivan is a true asset to this hobby. He is willing to answer questions, his customer service is superb and his product priceless. Two years ago I was able to convince many in my mainstream unit to move toward the progressive side of the hobby and Mr Sullivan gave us a group rate on trousers that allowed all to ask why they hadn't done so in the first place.

I will strongly endorse his product as the quality is second to none and the Customer Service is such that all others should be measured by it.
          Johan Steele aka Shane Christen C Co, 3rd MN VI
          SUVCW Camp 48
          American Legion Post 352
          [url]http://civilwartalk.com[/url]

Comment

Chris' product quality, price and customer service cannot be beat.
            I only wish he made Confederate trousers.
            Tom Dodson
            47th Georgia

Sparks of Secession 2008
            Resaca 2009
            Bummers 2009
            Tom Dodson

Comment

Chris is a true gentleman - a rarity these days.

When I ordered a pair of trousers from him three years ago, he also repaired a pair of Jarnagins for me. Not only did he repair a tear which I hadn't even noticed, he reworked the cuffs so that they correctly broke over the front instead of over the ankle. All for nine bucks!
              [FONT=Times New Roman]Yours most respectfully, your obedient servant,[/FONT]
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              [FONT=Times New Roman]R. L. ("Rob") Griffiths.[/FONT]
              [FONT=Times New Roman][I]Member, Civil War Preservation Trust.[/I][/FONT]
              [FONT=Times New Roman][I]Authentic Campaigner member since November 10th, 2004.[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][I]"I am not aware of ever having used a profane expletive in my life, but I would have the charity to excuse those who may have done so, if they were in charge of a train of Mexican pack mules at the time."[/I] - U. S. Grant[I].[/I][/FONT]

Comment

I have delt with Chris many times (including yesterday when I ordered a pair of suspenders). He has never failed to answer my questions almost immediatly either by e-mail or by phone. I've bought several consignment items from him as well that he explaind/described exactly.
                I purchased a pair of black kersey trousers richmonesque/civilian trousers...I was described the originals I was wanting to replicate and sent Chris many pictures of confederates describing what I was looking for. He recommended the black kerseys....having been pointed in the right direction from him in the past of course I went ahead with the purchase....upon recieving them (about 3 days after telling him i'd take them) I took them to the museum that housed the pair I wished to replicate....SPOT ON: Hemming was done exactly as the originals, the waistband was made of the same material and was stitched identical; the material was fantastic, the trousers were even complete with the same suspender like buckle on the rear belt! Thanks Mr. Sullivan! Looking forward to my suspenders!
                Luke Gilly
                Breckinridge Greys
                Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

My son and I each have a pair of Chris' trousers, and I have bought some consignment items from him as well. He is an excellent vendor, tremendous customer service. I bought my son's trousers, needed them for Christmas, Chris got them to me for Christmas, then had me send them back to be hemmed, and covered the cost. I recommend him to everyone I talk to who is looking for trousers.
                  Frank Siltman
                  24th Mo Vol Inf
                  Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
                  Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
                  Company of Military Historians
                  Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Chris is the best. His customer service is excellent, he responds very quickly to questions, and the items ordered are what was advertised. You cannot go wrong with doing business with Chris Sullivan. Now me and my new Federal Trousers are going to go explore the Piney Woods.

Thanks Chris!
                    Herb Coats
                    Armory Guards &
                    WIG

Comment

Chris personifies the term Gentleman! His business style and ethics reflect a different and better time.
                      Bud Scully 13th NJ Co.K Mess and 69th NY (N-SSA)

Comment

You will not find a nicer gentleman in this hobby. He once sent me a $350 US enlisted frock to try out "on approval", without any obligation and no questions asked. I'll never forget that.

Rich Croxton
                        Last edited by Gallinipper; 03-17-2009, 11:32 PM.
                        Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

I completely concur with the rave reviews of Chris Sullivan and his work. I own two pairs of trowsers made by Chris- one a Deering pair and the other a custom piece of work for the 6th Mass Militia, Company I. Both were turned around in just a couple of weeks, and were excellent work to boot.

I also have picked up several items from his consignment sections, all of which were precisely as described and of good quality.

Aside from just his top-notch workmanship and attention to detail, Chris is also a gentleman of the first order. Not only do I have no reservations about going to Chris for all my trowser (or consignment) needs; I heartily recommend him to anyone I know who has need of trowsers; and recommend his consignment shop for second-hand goods.

Without a doubt, Chris and Stony Brook Company are a go-to sutler for me.
                          Jeff Lawrence
                          West Springfield MA

Comment

His work is exact, he knows the history of what he's making, and he's a very kind and modest guy. A pair of his reproductions cost the same as a mainstream pair that have no bearing on the originals other than having legs and buttons.
                            A while back I was confused about how to do a felling stitch and emailed him about it. He did an example stitch on some scrap cloth and sent it to me in the mail, along with hand written instructions.
                            [SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Todd S. Bemis[/SIZE][/SIZE]
                            [CENTER][/CENTER][I]Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry[/I]
                            Independent Volunteers
                            [I]simius semper simius[/I]

Comment

I purchased a pair of French Blue Confederate trousers as shown in my avatar from Chris. Very fast turn-around. He also sold me several hundred yards of cotton drill at a reasonable price. He is a pleasure to deal with.
                              Claude Sinclair
                              Palmetto Battalion

Comment

Working...
                              X