Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Tim Bender

Gents,
    Just wanted to give a shout out to Tim Bender for a hat I ordered from him.

I received it yesterday, and needless to say, it's an awesome product. Even more superior to the product; however, is his amazing customer service! Lightning fast turn around and very safe packaging.

Couldn't be happier.

Thanks, Tim Bender.

Red Turner
    John "Red' Turner

Re: Props to Tim Bender

Echo Echo Echo!!!! All the same things are what I have to say about Tim! I just received my recent custom beehive from Tim and like always my FAVORITE hat! He is first class all the way and customer service can't be beat in my opinion. Great guy and TOPS at his craft!!! Love all his creations,those for me and for others I've seen. Keep up the great work Tim and God Bless!!!
    S/F
    [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]~Phillip McClure~[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]WIG/GVB[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"] Battle Of Resaca, Ga; May 20-22
    150th 1st Mannassas; July 21-24
    Pickett's Mill Candle Light Tour; November 4-5[/COLOR][/SIZE]

"Our youth will learn from Northern school books their version of the war; will be impressed by influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and maimed veterans as fit objects for derision...."

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]-- Patrick R. Cleburne, Major General[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8Vqp4X7fCVIuNM:http://www.iowaflags.org/gallery/assets/conf_45th_alabama.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I'll be the third leg of the trio who is pleased as punch with my new Bender-made hat. Like the other fellows said, not only is the hat superb, it came within two weeks of my phone order with an email from Tim letting me know it had been shipped via priority mail. Tim also found and emailed me a photo of another customer wearing the bell crown hat I was interested in, so I could see it on someone's head. I can't believe it took me 12 years to buy a hat from Mr. Bender, but glad I finally did.

Phil McBride
      Phil McBride
      Author:
      Whittled Away-A Civil War Novel of the Alamo Rifles
      Tangled Honor 1862: A Novel of the 5th Texas Infantry
      Redeeming Honor 1863: The 5th Texas Gettysburg and Chickamauga
      Defiant Honor 1864: The 5th Texas at the Wilderness and the 22nd USCT at New Market Heights
      Link to My Blog and My Books on Amazon:
      Blog: http://mcbridenovels.blogspot.com/http://www.amazon.com/Philip-McBride...ne_cont_book_1

Comment

I'll put a big + ou there for Tim.
        Have gotten 3 hats from him and they are the best of the best.
        I have also gotten one as a gift to a friend and the friend is very happy with it
        Keep up the good work Tim.
        Jim "Doc" Bruce
        War means fightn and fightn means killn.
        L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
        Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

As I sit here and form my new hat to my head, I cannot help but realize that his work is the definition of quality. My medium crown bowler is the perfect hat for my impression. The work is fantastic and the service was great. I cannot think of anyone who I would use for my civilian/Confederate hat needs other than Tim! This is my second from him and the six year old hat is till used as well.
          Barry Smithson

Comment

Tim made an Federal officer's dress hat for me for an upcoming event. The hat is perfect. As usual the service is top notch, and I definitely recommend Tim's fine work to anyone who needs a quality hat.

Thanks!
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

I would also like to throw in my own Kudos to Mr. Bender. My Federal dress hat arrived yesterday--even with all the snowy mess on the East coast--and I could not be happier. It's an extremely well-made piece and I can't wait to start showing it off.

Thanks,
              [I][B][SIZE="3"]Douglas Ullman, Jr.[/SIZE][/B][/I]
              Gravel Cruncher

[I][FONT="Times New Roman"]"We will Stane this Suthrn Soil with our blood. And leave maney of our boddyes there in memory of the day that we Stood like a Stone wall and fight to the last to Conquer this Rebelien or Die."
              - Cpl. Rey Rudolph, 102nd New York Volunteers, March 28, 1865[/FONT][/I]

Comment

Just got my "Flat Top Bowler" from Tim and it is absolutely amazing! Tim moved up the delivery for me so I can have it for a winter drill weekend and his customer service and quality is top notch! Mr. Bender has got himself a lifelong customer! Thanks Tim!
                Respectfully Submitted,
                Tony Manson
                33rd VA, Co. E
                4th VA, Co. A
                SWB

Comment

I will have to add to everyone's props to Mr. Bender. Last year I ordered a Hardee hat from him, which was wonderful. So, this year I wanted a hat for all the upcoming Militia impressions I am doing. (My black hat is being modified for Manassas.) So I ordered the hat. Mr. Bender told me how long it would take, and it came at that time. It arrived today - excellent workmanship, great fit, etc. etc. However, it now has become my hat for the Mayor I portray at certain events. I got it for one thing, it now goes to another. (Guess I will have to buy another one from Mr. Bender!)
                  You cannot go wrong with one of his hats.
                  Robert Orrand
                  N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
                  Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
                  4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

I'd like to chime in here with praise for Mr. Bender as well. I ordered a dress hat the middle of last month, with an expected delivery date of next week. I received a note from Mr. Bender this morning with the news that he was not happy with how the hat had turned out due to a material thickness defect, and would therefore be delayed in getting my hat to me. I know of very few businesses that would take the extra step to tell the customer of an error in advance and notify them that the product delivery would therefore be delayed. My reply to him this morning mirrors much of what I'm saying here, but I just want to praise Mr. Bender for his customer service before I even get my hat. I already own a civilian model and know the quality of his products, but this just reinforces, to me at least, why I enjoy doing business with some of the people on this end of the hobby.
                    Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
                    My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Just received a new lid for Manassas from Tim. Delivered right on-time. I sent him a pic of a Mississippi officer as a model for the hat and it looks like he reached into the pic and plucked it right off of that chap's head.

First rate service and a first rate hat from a first rate fellow!
                      John Wickett
                      Former Carpetbagger
                      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Pics? did a test run with my kit this weekend at the Drill.

Honestly with the group this weekend deployed as shirmishers i thought we were getting approached by british red coats. 250 in this kit will look great!
                        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
                        [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

No pics yet. I'm more than busy getting the frock coat for this impression done. Got the lining quilted and now I'm putting the "bling" on the sleeves. My uniform is a long way from complete.

A battalion of men in (mostly) tricorns will be quite impressive!
                          John Wickett
                          Former Carpetbagger
                          Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
                          X