E. J. Thomas Mercantile Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E. J. Thomas Mercantile Contact

Does anyone have contact information for E. J. Thomas Mercantile? I have tried emailing and calling, but have been unable to reach them. Their customer service is usually exceptional, so I was not sure if something was amiss.
    Lewis M Robinson Jr
    Armory Guards
    Snake Nation Disciples

"They were the dirtiest men I ever saw. A most ragged lean and hungry set of wolves. Yet there was a dash about them that the northern men lacked." Maryland Resident upon seeing the Confederate Army

Re: E. J. Thomas Mercantile Contact

I have had the same problem. I ordered a few things about 7 months ago and have not heard anything back, even after I've tried to email him. Maybe he switched emails? I hope everything is okay.
    Wade Rogers

Comment

Trying again to see if anyone has had any contact with Bill Lomas. I know of several people who have ordered from E.J. Thomas Mercantile and have not heard back.
      Lewis M Robinson Jr
      Armory Guards
      Snake Nation Disciples

"They were the dirtiest men I ever saw. A most ragged lean and hungry set of wolves. Yet there was a dash about them that the northern men lacked." Maryland Resident upon seeing the Confederate Army

Comment

I too am looking to get in touch with him, I placed a small order for some in stock items and havent heard anything back from a few follow up emails, that isnt like them. Any assistance would be appreciated.
        -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
        "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
        "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
        "The Bully Boys"
        "The Hard Case Boys"
        "The Independant Mess"
        29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
        3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Comment

I had to report him to the MODS the last time I ordered and magically I received an email from him within the same day with an explanation why my order was so late. Be warey
          Russ Dykes
          Keith Stone Guard

6th Mississippi Adjunct 150th Shiloh
          Maryland My Maryland 150th Sharpsburg
          150th Chickamauga Kershaws Brigade
          150th Wilderness and Spotsylvania Courthouse

"Splash" ......Mark Taylor

Comment

I hate that, he has always been reliable in the past, I will give him another day or two, and then go the same route. Thanks.
            "The Bully Boys"
            "The Hard Case Boys"
            "The Independant Mess"

Comment

I'm still having problems with this company as well. I have sent many emails, left a voice mail, PMed him on this site, and even sent him a letter over the past 10 months. I have heard nothing from him since I placed my order. I don't understand why he would ignore customers at the risk of his own reputation. I would now just like my money back, but he won't reply to me.
              Wade Rogers

Comment

I just want to document the fact that I had problems too. I placed an order in January and had not received it by the fall. I sent emails and they went unanswered. I had to contest the charges via my American Express card and the charges were eventually reversed (despite the fact that it was way over the 3 month grace period---thank you Amex). It was a very disappointing experience.

Best,
                L Raynor
                Lewis Raynor

Comment

I ordered a canteen strap and a cork and some other small stuff back in June... I just want my money back at this point... If you are not in business then don't take peoples money... This is the wrong way to do business. I tried to refute it though paypal but it has been to late... So I guess he screwed me!
                  Jordan Ricketts

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of all of these bad experiences. Bill is a nice guy but I do know that he has taken two full time jobs starting six or so months ago, and is left with very little time during the day to get sleep. Perhaps the tough but smart move would have been to close his doors at that point, because it really is well beyond human endurance to try and run a small business when working 16 hour days.

For my part I still have not been paid in full for the blankets I delivered nearly a year ago, and am owed a not inconsiderable sum of money. I have given Bill the benefit of the doubt for the past eleven months but seeing the cavalcade of complaints from people I respect I am now reasonably concerned.
                    Dan Wambaugh
                    Wambaugh, White, & Company
                    www.wwandcompany.com
                    517-303-3609
                    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

He has not returned my phone calls either. Is he still an approved Vendor here? Makes one wonder!
                      [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                      ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Yeah I ordered a canteen strap and a couple stoppers, all listed as in stock. Its not a lot of money just the principal, I paid through Visa, wish I had used Paypal now.
                        "The Bully Boys"
                        "The Hard Case Boys"
                        "The Independant Mess"

Comment

Gentlemen:
                          Those who have been around a while know Bill Lomas, and he has good character.
                          I consider his work to be about the best, and well worth waiting for. I suspect that in good
                          time he will make good on whatever you have coming.

If it is true that he is working two jobs plus his hobby business, that would explain the delays.
                          Craig L Barry
                          Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
                          Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
                          Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
                          Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

I've always known Bill to be completely above board in all that he does, and it seems like he's a victim of what many quality vendors have experienced in this day and age. You can fill a thread up quickly with the names of those who do outstanding work but can't make a living from it in this economy. I have every reason to believe Bill will make good on all.
                            Ross L. Lamoreaux
                            rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Craig,
                              I don't believe anyone here is complaining about having to wait for quality items. I would happily wait a year for something, as long as I knew I was waiting for a year...

I don't know him personally, but he is always someone I've recommended to friends and has always had outstanding customer service. My only complaint is the complete lack of communication. Sure working two jobs doesn't give you much free time, but a public announcement to customers does not take much and would have saved us from worrying. I tried to get my money back but Paypal says its been to long.
                              Wade Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X