Due and proper credit given to Nancy Stetz of K. Stetz Clothiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Due and proper credit given to Nancy Stetz of K. Stetz Clothiers

I just wanted to take the time to thank Nancy Stetz, wife of AC member Kyle Stetz, for the brand new socks I received this past weekend.

These were based on the "Confederate Socks" as seen in Arms and Equipment of the Confederacy (Echoes of Glory) by Time-Life Books. She had the discriminating eye for selecting the same wool yarn used on a previous pair, so the dye batch would have the same color tone. I might also point out the correct knitted cabling used on the top cuffs. They were hand-knitted within two or three weeks and cost me the same price as would a machined pair!

For those who given special attention to their impression, I'd highly recommend contacting Kyle on the forum and getting in line for this item.

Again, thanks so much.

Here I am, switching shoes and showing them off at a living history program this past weekend at Tour Stop #3 at Petersburg National Battlefield.
    Attached Files
    Jason C. Spellman
    Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Re: Due and proper credit given to Nancy Stetz of K. Stetz Clothiers

Jason,
    How do I contact them to get a pair?
    Thanks
    Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
    16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
    Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Kyle's username on the forum is NYCivilWar or he may be contacted at kmstetz@gmail.com
      Jason C. Spellman
      Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Allow me to add a bit more praise to Jason's original post. I received a pair of Nancy's socks a couple years ago, and in addition to feeling super-duper comfy on my feet, they have also stood up well over the course of repeated wearings. These are a great value and of good quality, as is to be expected from anything made by Kyle or Nancy.
        Last edited by California Republic; 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM.
        Jeremiah DeGennaro
        Durham, NC

"We are under orders to march at a moments notice and hold ourselves of course responsible to all military orders, for what are we but dogs in the hands of our superiors."
        - Pvt. Josiah K. Baxter, 140th Indiana Infantry, Nov. 21, 1864

Comment

Working...
        X