Wambaugh, White, and Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wambaugh, White, and Company

I ordered a civilian shirt kit from Wambaugh, White and Company on Monday (7 Mar 11) and the package was received on Thursday (10 Mar 11). Talk about a quick turn around

From just a quick glance it looks like the instructions are fairly simple to read and follow, so we will see what the finished product is going to look like. Will post pictures once this project is complete.
    Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
    Nathan Bedford Forrest

Re: Wambaugh, White, and Company

Wambaugh, White and Company

I ordered one of Mike Anderson's "Type 1" Forage caps via Dan at WW&Co. and was told it might take 3-4wks to arrive. The cap got here in a few days over 2 wks and was easily better than advertised. The price was right, the service great and the cap could have been issued 150 years ago. Thanks.

John Eads
    7th IVI

Comment

Great guys to order stuff from, and they're always helpful with answering questions. The one nice thing about this hobby is that some of the top vendors are great people to do business with. Knowledgable, and just a pleasure to talk to.
      Last edited by Dbackfed; 04-19-2011, 12:19 PM. Reason: poor grammar
      Jason David

Peter Pelican
      36th Illinois Co. "B"
      Prodigal Sons Mess
      Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

Top notch vendor! I ordered my cap and shirt kit from Wambaugh, White, and Company. The shirt kit arrived in three days, the cap in about 2 weeks. They even helped when I had a couple of questions regarding shirt construction.
        Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
        Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

I have nothing but good stuff to say about these guys. So far I have ordered several kits including a CS, haversack, and shirt. As well as US blouse and issue drawers. The material is top notch, and the instructions are clear and concise. They are also very friendly and professional on the phone.
          Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Hard to beat what has been said. Ordered some lining and thread from him on Thursday of last week and was here today. To top that off he took some time to answer questions I had about material I did not even purchase from him. Not only are his products top notch, but so is the person.

Bill Feuchtenberger
            Co.H
            1st South Carolina Volunteers (McGowan's Brigade)
            Bill Feuchtenberger

Comment

I have to pile on, I have bought ten uniform sets from W&W for our museum living history programs, as well as Anderson caps and some shirts. I also personally own their products for my own impression and can't say enough how great Brian and Dan are for doing business.
              Frank Siltman
              24th Mo Vol Inf
              Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
              Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
              Company of Military Historians
              Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I have purchased items from Dan in the past. Workmanship and delivery say a lot about the business. Last week he gave me some advice on how to work with material that I did not purchase from him. That says a lot about the person.
                Bill Feuchtenberger

Comment

I ordered a federal fatigue blouse kit a while back and finally got around to putting it together. Had a question concerning construction phrasing on a collar piece. Called Dan up around 3pm. He answered promptly and was very cordial in answering that and any other questions I had. This company has been super in helping me and my pards with existing and ongoing research. Can't say enough good things.

_R.Bemis

Bob, don't forget to sign your first and last name on the forum. It is one of the rules. Thanks! Herb Coats, Moderator
                  Last edited by Coatsy; 05-15-2011, 04:47 AM.
                  Cheers,
                  Robert Bemis

Comment

I just wanted to add my great experience with WW& Co. I ordered a Commutation Jacket Kit and spoke with Dan at length prior to ordering. He had the kit shipped out the next day and it was on my doorstep within 3 days of shipping. Several weeks later, and several phone calls later (one panicked call involving my dog eating my beeswax for the coat) and I finished the coat. I couldn't be more pleased with it. Although the sewing job is amateur, at best, at least it is entirely hand sewn by my horrendous techniques. Dan answered numerous phone calls and emails and helped me to finish the project. Overall, a great experience, especially since I have never sewn a garment together before! Thanks again Dan and Company, You've got a long time customer here!

Tony
                    Attached Files
                    Respectfully Submitted,
                    Tony Manson
                    33rd VA, Co. E
                    4th VA, Co. A
                    SWB

Comment

I am coming back to this after an absence of more years than i would care to admit. Needless to say, ninety percent of my uniforms and equipment were long ago sold, and many from who I bought back in the 80's and early 90's (Paul Smith, Don Rademacher, Joe Covais, etc.) are long gone. SWMBO has already asked me what I wanted for Father's Day, and I told her if she'd help me with the sewing of some of W&W's kits, I'd consider that a great gift, and wonderful help.
                      After looking at all of the rave reviews I've seen here and elsewhere, I have to say I'm really looking forward to purchasing some kits.
                      Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
                      Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
                      Former Mudsill
                      Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

I have been planning on ordering one of there 4 button jacket kits and I think im going to go ahead and break down and order my self one.
                        [B][I]Zachariah M.L.E. Wiles[/I][/B]

-Breckinridge Greys-
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                        [SIZE=3][B][U][COLOR="#FF0000"]~LIBERTY OR DEATH~[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

I have a pretty nice CS Haversack I assembled from one of their kits.

A great help and really nice to deal with.

Do the CS Drawers have ties at the bottom?
                          James Peli

Comment

Shows on their website that you choose what you want on the drawers.
                            Philip D. Brening
                            Austin's Battalion of sharpshooters Co.A

"Somebody put water in my boots" Pvt. John D. Timmermanm
                            3rd New York Cavalry

Comment

I'm looking to rebuild my kit after a long absence and a weight loss. After reading all the rave reviews, I will absolutely be ordering from them. I just hope my sewing skills are up to par :).

Cody Langston
                              Cody Langston

Comment

Working...
                              X