Missouri Boot and Shoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Boot and Shoe

Does anybody have contact info for MBS? It looks like their website is down. Thanks.
    Will Chappell

Re: Missouri Boot and Shoe

The business email is; mobootandshoe@sbcglobal.net
    I got an email from Robert on this past Saturday.
    Frank Siltman
    24th Mo Vol Inf
    Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
    Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
    Company of Military Historians
    Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

The site just worked for me. It might be up again or you have an old link in your favorites. That happened with me once sometime ago on their site.
      Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
      Civil War Digital Digest
      Sally Port Mess

Comment

Originally posted by pvt_jb View Post
        The site just worked for me. It might be up again or you have an old link in your favorites. That happened with me once sometime ago on their site.
        What's the url?
        Will Chappell

Comment

Originally posted by 33rdaladrummer View Post
          What's the url?
          Jim Kindred

Comment

I spoke to MBS a few days ago and got the following email from them this morning:

Note to our customers: If you have been waiting for your invoice we have not
            been ignoring you or your order. We had been busy getting completed orders
            boxed and shipped and were a bit behind still getting invoices out on May 22.
            Shortly after 5:30pm that day an EF-5 tornado tore across Joplin 20 miles to
            our north leaving a path of death and destruction. The Wallace Family who are
            long time family friends lost their home and narrowly escaped alive. My Uncle
            had room to take them in and we have been busy helping them relocate with what
            things the storm left behind to Neosho all this past week. Thus very few invoices
            made it out of our office, few e-mails have been answered and we have missed
            a lot of phone calls. We are sorry for the disruption in customer service but
            know you will understand the reason why after you ready this note. Thank you
            for kindly understanding and waiting until we could again turn our attention
            back to the business. If you have any questions or need assistance please contact
            us and we will be happy to help you. Your invoice will be out shorlt to you and
            your place in line has been saved for you. As long as you pay your invoice in a
            timely manner you will remain in line the same as if you had paid last week shorlty
            after placing your order. Again thank you for understanding our need to be out
            of touch for a few days. Our friends are well, slowly returning to a normal routine and
            now dealing with their post tornado mountain of paperwork.
            Sincerely,
            Elizabeth
            Customer Service, MBSco.

They have a pretty good excuse for not being reachable at the moment.
            [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Adam Carter
            aka H. Adam DeLavie
            11th Penna Vol Inf, Co I
            Skunkhead Mess
            WCWA
            Tacoma, Wa[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Co A, 15th Iowa, 150th Shiloh[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Comment

I talked to Robert and Elizabeth a month or so ago and that time they have been very busy, just like the other CW vendors, with supporting customers for the 150th CW events. It is best to plan ahead when ordering products from vendors because there is not a quick turnaround on quality products.
              Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
              Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

It has been a tough year for them. My wife placed an order with them in late october early november ish for Christmas presents (cap pouch, haversack, scabbard). Not knowing she placed the order, I placed one about a week later for a pair of Jeff. Booties. They were having a terrible time then with snow/humidity increasing their drying times and items were delayed. They did however keep in touch and were very quick to answer any questions that either of us had on our orders. Her order was about a month late and my order was about 6 weeks late but all the items were exceptional quality and we were made aware the entire time that the orders were going to be running behind and were notified when they shipped. Speaking from experience, MB&S will do right by you. They will not sacrifice quality to meet a deadline and I think that is a good thing! It does not suprise me that these good folks are letting things go to help a neighbor and friend.
                Luke Gilly
                Breckinridge Greys
                Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

As Ralsa Rice stated above, MBS was affected by the deadly tornado that struck Joplin, Mo. We had a deadly outbreak of tornados down here in Alabama as well so I can appreciate what such can do to a businesses and lives i.e. power off, disruption, etc. And they are also helping out with friends and neighbors. I had a small order I was waiting on, but, given their circumstances, my order is secondary. They are good folks, so patience is the word.
                  Andy Redd
                  Andy Redd

Comment

Just to add to the discussion, I just received my Confederate Single Bag Knapsack last week. I had ordered it in the spring and production was delayed between weather (part of the drying process) and the tragic events that affected many of the Serios' friends out there. Elizabeth was great and kept me informed about my order whenever I had questions and I was very surprised to see some of her emails time stamped at 1am! Talk about some hard working folks! She sent me an email when it was shipping and true to form, The pack looks great! I even held it next to my painted groundsheet and can't really tell a difference between their latex paint that MBS uses and the period paint on my groundcloth, minus a slight difference in the smell of the paints. I also asked for black straps rather than the usual russet colored ones that come with it and they were very accommodating. I couldn't be more pleased with it, I've fit 3 pairs of socks, 2 shirts, my frying pan, candles, blanket, groundcloth and some poke bags without a problem! It's definitely worth the wait and their customer service and quality is top notch!
                    Attached Files
                    Respectfully Submitted,
                    Tony Manson
                    33rd VA, Co. E
                    4th VA, Co. A
                    SWB

Comment

I just spoke with Elizabeth this morning and they seem to be up and running full time again (if there was indeed any time off due to the storms etc). It reminded me what nice folks they are (they made my cartridge box). My order today was small, a pair of shoelaces, but even in that Elizabeth went into some detail as to how they would be made, describing the old fashioned machine that puts on the brass tips etc. Good folks.

-Sam Dolan
                      Samuel K. Dolan
                      1st Texas Infantry
                      SUVCW

Comment

Just an update. I placed an order for a pair of boots with MBS back in April and lo and behold they arrived last week. 12 weeks was the delivery time. They look and feel great and should about another 20years of service.
                        Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
                        Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Hmmm. Sent them a pair of boots just to be evaluated for repairs in April. Other than the "tornado" email, I haven't gotten a single response from multiple, very polite, requests for an update.
                          Brian Gilk

Comment

Have you called them? Might work better.
                            Michael Comer
                            one of the moderator guys

Comment

I agree, call and talk to Elizabeth. I had an email from them last week, but keep in mind that September is the end of the fiscal year for the Federal Govt, and he gets a ton of orders from the National Park Service and other Federal museum operations with what we call "end of year funding".
                              Frank Siltman
                              24th Mo Vol Inf
                              Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
                              Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
                              Company of Military Historians
                              Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                              X