Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1842 Defarb By Zimmerman

Hello All!

I just got back my Armi Sport 1842 from Zimmerman and I am very pleased. I dropped it off 2 weeks ago and just picked it up along with a defarbed Enfield Bayonet, and a case colored hammer for my Enfield. All in all, I think I made Mr. Zimmerman's July 4th Weekend a celebratory one! My 1842 was an older one. In fact, I think it's a 06XX series. Zimmerman said it was one of the very early ones. In any case it had the original coating (polyurethane maybe?) that the older armi sports had, and I've personally hated the old finish on the armi sports. So I asked him to strip and re-stain the stock. He did that, the usual re-locating of the serial number, a new Harper's Ferry Lockplate that was stamped 1847 so it'd match the 1847 on the barrel, brass front sight, re-polished the barrel, replaced the old band retainers with new blued ones, blued all of the screws and even got the old pitted rust stains out of the butt plate. It looks like a new gun and I couldn't be happier! Let me know what you all think of the pictures I posted. Also, on a side note, he informed me that he had 2 to 3 more 1842's in stock and 2 1855's in stock and I'm sure they'll go quick with the upcoming Manassas reenactment! Thanks and god speed!

Tony
    Attached Files
    Respectfully Submitted,
    Tony Manson
    33rd VA, Co. E
    4th VA, Co. A
    SWB

Re: 1842 Defarb By Zimmerman

Tony - that is a fine looking pumpkin slinger! Very nice. Purdy. That stock is like an eggshell. Nice finish. And the Harper's Ferry marks are outstanding.

Now, just get a little patina and age on it, so it looks like a 20 year old musket revived for war duty after service in Chapultapec, and you'll be good to go! (I can see you cringing as you read this!)

Rich
    Rich Libicer
    Fugi's Brown Water Mess

6th North Carolina - 150th First Manassas, July 2011
    4th Texas Dismounted, Co. C - 150th Valverde, February 2012
    6th Mississippi Adjunct - 150th Shiloh, April 2012
    4th Texas Dismounted, Co. C - 150th Glorieta Pass, May 2012
    21st Arkansas Adjunct - 150th Prairie Grove, December 2012
    5th Confederate, Co. C - 150th Chickamauga, September 2013
    Haitus...... Until Now

Comment

Haha, thanks Rich, I know, I just went through the same cringing as I brought me newly defarbed Enfield to the field. It's now broken in nicely and I'm sure after a hundred rounds and a few days in the field, my Harper's Ferry 42 will start to get a "serviced" look as well. Haha. Thanks again!

Tony
      Respectfully Submitted,
      Tony Manson
      33rd VA, Co. E
      4th VA, Co. A
      SWB

Comment

Tony, That looks awesome brother! I think yours looks nicer than mine from the pics. That stock looks great!! Zimmerman IS the go to guy for Springfield's.
        Last edited by 4VADRUMMER; 07-03-2011, 04:38 AM.
        [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="5"]Eric Davis
        Handsome Company Mess
        Liberty Hall Drum Corps [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X