Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P. McDermott, Wholesale Stationer: Still in Business???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P. McDermott, Wholesale Stationer: Still in Business???

Folks,
    The subject lines says it pretty well: Is P. McDermott still in business? If so, could someone direct me to his business or to whoever sells his wares? I still have my old catalog from the late 80's/early 90's, but of course it is way out of date, and doesn't include an e-mail addy, etc. since it pre-dates the intertubes.
    I have searched high and low throughout my house for my old peach can I got from him many years ago, and have come up empty-handed. I know I didn't throw such a trusted friend away, being the sentimental sap I am. Would like to get another. I could have sworn I posted about the peach can thing earlier, but couldn't find the thread.

Apologies to the mods for taking up the band width. I did a Google search, came up empty. I know better than to go to my local library which serves a town of 1500 souls, etc.

Thanks for y'all's help!!
    Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
    Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
    Former Mudsill
    Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Re: P. McDermott, Wholesale Stationer: Still in Business???

I believe he's selling goods through He Who Shall Not Be Named.
    Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
    My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I thought I had seen them there when I did a Google search earlier in the summer, but when I went there tonight, I came up empty handed.

I've been browsing through his old catalog, over twenty years old. Man, he offered some nice, unique items.
      Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
      Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
      Former Mudsill
      Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

I consider Pat one of the giants in the paper reproduction field. He was one of the first, and was one of the folks that (unknow to him, since I've never met him) inpsired me to start.

The irony is, and this is no knock against Pat or anyone else: It was actually easier to make top-notch quality reproductions 25 years ago, because the method for making reproductions was very similar to the original method. For example, when I first started reproducing partiotic envelopes 20-some years ago, I had a graphic artist make me plates, one for the blue ink and one for the red, The envelope designs were then printed using the plates, one color at a time, exactly the same way they were done 150 years ago. Good luck finding someone to do that for you now.
        Cordially,

Bob Sullivan
        Elverson, PA

Comment

Bob, I have been learning typesetting and letterpress printing for the last year at the museum I volunteer at. People assume I'm showing off some 19th century craft until I show them some of the graphic blocks on my shelf for a 1980's vintage computer store advertisement that was printed on letterpress. I haven't printed two color envelopes yet but am I'm working on a project to reprint some California Songsters on letter press as well as some of my favorite mono-color covers. The biggest challenge is trying to find paper of the correct weight and content.
          Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
          1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
          Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Working...
          X