RL Kelly & SA Miles Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RL Kelly & SA Miles Co.

If you have not heard of them do a search for Shane Miles on face book and take a look at his photo albums. There work is fantastic. I recieved a civilian wool overshirt from them today and I could not be more pleased. They are currently taking orders for a run of Federal Overcoats the quality of which is increadable. I am not affiliated with them in any way but give them my highest recomendations.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Roy N. Maddox[/FONT]

Re: RL Kelly & SA Miles Co.

I agree! I got a really fine wheel hat from them last year, and it is one of the finest hats in my collection, and I have many.
    Thomas Westbrook
    Thomas Westbrook

Comment

I couldn't agree more with the sentiments posted above! I received a Confederate belt and buckle from Shane and Rachel in the mail this evening and it is superb--the accuracy is unbelievable. I've also had the pleasure of seeing a wide array of the items that Shane and Rachel are producing first-hand, and they are all excellent and highly recommended.
      Shawn Sturgill
      Governor Guards
      SCAR

Comment

I just recieved a fantastic 14th Brooklyn kepi from Rachel & Shane, and once again, the quality is out of this world!Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	222849Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	222850
        Thomas Westbrook
        Thomas Westbrook

Comment

Mr. Westbrook,
          Thank you for the kind words!
          My Best to You, Sir!
          Shane Miles
          miles79ny@aol.com
          [FONT="Georgia"][I][COLOR="black"][COLOR="sienna"][SIZE="3"]Shane Miles[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/I][/FONT]

Comment

After gawking over photos of some of RL Kelly & SA Miles Co. reproductions I finally got a chance to view one of their reproductions first hand, which happened to be a Marine Corp kepi. It was the closest reproduction to an original that I have ever seen. If you were to dissect the cap, only then would you be able to see the detail involved. Finally, I decided I had to get one, so I sent some fine french blue wool to RL Kelly & SA Miles Co. for an officer's cap. The finished product was fantastic. Some highlights include the disk, chinstrap, and brim are all japanned (several layers), and the buttons are fastened with handmade cotter keys, and the list goes on.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	cap1.jpg
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	222857Click image for larger version

Name:	cap2.jpg
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	222858
            Lewis M Robinson Jr
            Armory Guards
            Snake Nation Disciples

"They were the dirtiest men I ever saw. A most ragged lean and hungry set of wolves. Yet there was a dash about them that the northern men lacked." Maryland Resident upon seeing the Confederate Army

Comment

RL Kelly & Shane Miles have some really fine Confederate McDowell caps for sell on ebay. Check them out if you haven't already!
              Thomas Westbrook
              Thomas Westbrook

Comment

I would like to say Bravo as well to Rachel and Shane.. I just purchased a CSA McDowell and cant wait for it to get here. Shane is very easy to get along with and replied to all my ?s in a timely fashion.
                Thank You,

Brent Dacus

The AC Admin
                The Company of Military Historians
                Member, Civil War Preservation Trust

Are you reading? I still am...

Comment

I just recv'd my size 44 Federal Infantry Greatcoat from Rachel and Shane and I was completely blown-away. What a beautiful piece and fine example of expert workmanship! The fabric weight is perfect, the fit is exact (length of the cape matches perfectly with coats seen in the photographic evidence), and its collar construction is spot-on. Shane has posted numerous detailed photos of his work on his FB page which allows the buyer to see all facets of the product being made and thus make an informed decision. Additionally, Shane's communication was quick, thorough, and his shipping was immediate.

I am very pleased and look forward to ordering more items in the future. His firm's Federal frock coat with twisted worsted trim may be my next acquisition!

John McPherson
                  John McPherson
                  Member, "The Lost Towney" Mess
                  Co. A, Fourth U.S. Inf'y & Co. K, 1st Washington Territory Vols.
                  Fort Steilacoom, Washington Territory

Comment

Working...
                  X