Randy Ubben Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Ubben Pipes

I ordered a pipe from Randy about a year ago and was pleased with the workmanship and quaility of his products. So please in fact that I had him construct two new replacements stems for 2 pipes that I have not been able to use for the last several years. Again, without fail, Randy did it again. Great customer service and great work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WJStemsLeft.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	230048Click image for larger version

Name:	WJStemsRight.jpg
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	230049Click image for larger version

Name:	WJStemsTop.jpg
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	230050
    Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
    Nathan Bedford Forrest

Re: Randy Ubben Pipes

Randy made the pictured pipe for me to my specifications. At the top it reads "MICHIGAN" with a 3rd corps diamond flanked by "USSS". Many people know I started out in a Michigan sharpshooter unit (four of the eighteen USSS companies came from here) and I am very proud of that fact.

First rate product, excellent communication, and a true talent and passion for his work!
    Attached Files
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Well, doggone it fellas, showing your gorgeous Ubben pipes has done got me juiced up with all this talk about Randy's workmanship. So, I feel compelled to show one he made for me a couple of years ago. Has unit designation, crossed sabres, battle honors, etc.

So far, the only down side that I can see to Randy's pipes is that they are so beautiful, I feel guilty smoking them, ha. But they smoke just as good as they look.

regards,
      Mark

Name:	LeftBowlClose[1].JPG
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	223045Click image for larger version

Name:	RightFull[2].JPG
Size:	815.4 KB
ID:	223046
      J. Mark Choate
      7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

The pipe I own from Randy is on my "bury me with this" list along with my Brit pack from Sam Haywood and the double breasted officers frock from Cody Mobley.
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

Here is the other pipe Randy made for me.

Name:	Top.jpg
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	223050Click image for larger version

Name:	Left.jpg
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	223051Click image for larger version

Name:	Right.jpg
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	223052
          Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
          Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

I honestly have to say that I've never had an experience as a customer with anyone like I had with Randy Ubben. I spoke with him about a period accurate pipe that might have been carried by an Irish immigrant who had sympathies with the Young Irishmen and other Irish independence movements. Not only did he research a couple ideas, sketch them and send them to me, but after an unfortunate period approaching 9+ months of silence as life got in his way, I recieved an email out of the blue.

Randy apologised and mentioned that he was near me for the weekend geographically for the weekend. The short notice and randomness of it shocked me. I met Randy and in she shadow of the USS Olympia he handed me a gorgeous pipe, rich with his own pride in worksmanship and rooted firmly in history. He then handed me an old MP3 player packed with Irish music for me to keep and try to pull the music off of (the player was on its last legs and had long since been replaced). Randy also made a hard case for the pipe, but asked me not to consider it of any value as it wasn't as tightly fitted as he would have liked.

In the end...he said to send him a check and pay him what I thought I should. I dispached a check to him for a healthy sum all the same, with great appriciation for the lengths that he went to and the true pleasure he was to deal with when we finally did.

I would reccomend him to anyone who wants a piece with no equal. I would reccomend patience as well, it will be worth it.
            Jeremiah Boring
            Co. B, 1st USSS

Comment

Working...
            X