Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This evening must be the time to discuss pipes on the AC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This evening must be the time to discuss pipes on the AC!

Got home today to find a new pipe waiting on me from Ken Latham at https://www.facebook.com/LathamHandCraftedPipes

First off, I've owned several of Randy Ubben's pipes and they are at the top of my rotation, but over the years I have wanted something a little simple in nature, and I believe the one Ken knocked out for me (that looks like the pipe used by Sam Elliott in Gettysburg) will go well for my time in the field. After seeing one pard drop my pipe's "Twin" and almost losing it at Shiloh, I needed an alternative for campaign events as well as different time periods, and just everyday enjoyment. Give Ken a look.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: This evening must be the time to discuss pipes on the AC!

Patrick,

Personally, every evening is a good time to discuss pipes, ha. I also really liked your comment on the other thread about your Ubben pipe being on your "bury me with this" list. I have a couple of saddles like that, but things could get a bit tight in there if you know what I mean.

I am itchin' to see your Latham pipe but I am not a member of Facebook and can't log on. Do you have any other way of posting it or emailing it to me (choatecav@aol.com)?

thx,
    Mark
    J. Mark Choate
    7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Thanks Pat for the kind words. I am new to the world of pipe making, so I am trying to find a good niche to position myself. Mark, you can check us out at www.lathamhandcraftedpipes.com as well. Thanks again for the mention! You gentlemen are are cats meow
      Ken Latham
      Bon Aqua, TENN
      Independent Rifles
      Duck River Squadron

Comment

Ken,

Great website and some beautiful pipes! You and I are gonna have to do some "bidness."

Also, just noticed that you're from Bon Aqua. I'm just north of Dickson, so we are practically neighbors!

I'll be in touch.

regards,
        Mark
        J. Mark Choate
        7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

Comment

Evenings=pipes, bourbon or scotch
          Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
          Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Ken, your pipes look great! I look forward to doing business with you in the VERY near future. I shall be in the market for a close copy of the Buford pipe you made, but with a bent stem...I've never been a straight stem kind of guy. I look forward to many hours of smoking pleasure...and must agree with Bill as well...a fine single malt scotch to go along with it.
            C. Scott Brown
            Co M 1st MO Light Artillery Turner Brigade
            Camp Commander, SUVCW Sigel Camp #614 Dept. of MO
            Chaplain, SUVCW Dept. of MO
            Treasurer, S. Central MO Civil War Round Table
            Civil War Trust Member

[B]In honor of my paternal Great-grandfather, Pvt. Francis Marion Brown, Co. D, 29th IL Inf[/B] &
            [B]my maternal Great great-grandfather, Pvt. James Madison Hendrickson, along with brothers Pvt. Thomas Jefferson Hendrickson and Pvt. Solomon Hendrickson, all of Co. G, 99th IL Inf[/B]

Comment

With customers of this quality, this could go in several directions. It appears that I hit a nerve with the WTBS series. I try to make each one an original, although the pipes inspired by movie/historical pieces, like the Buford, will certainly happen. I plan on making more in the WTBS series this weekend. Check out some of the others (like the Burning Coal) as well, they would go nicely. And as always if I can make something for anyone of you gentlemen I will certainly entertain the idea. Thanks again!
              Ken Latham
              Bon Aqua, TENN
              Independent Rifles
              Duck River Squadron

Comment

And Mark, I am certain we will have to have a local smoke session
                Ken Latham
                Bon Aqua, TENN
                Independent Rifles
                Duck River Squadron

Comment

To add to this saga I wanted to say that last week I ordered my first Ken Latham pipe from the sesqui-centennial series. He got right on it, finished it out, shipped it yesterday and I received it today. Looks great and fits perfectly into my kit. Have only smoked one bowl so far, but look forward to many, many more in the future.

Ken provides a cloth sack for protection and a certificate of authenticity for each unique creation. All of this at a very fair price.

I'm a very satisfied customer.

regards,
                  Mark
                  J. Mark Choate
                  7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

Comment

Thanks Mark!
                    Ken Latham
                    Bon Aqua, TENN
                    Independent Rifles
                    Duck River Squadron

Comment

Working...
                    X