Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter and Jasper & Sutler of Fort Scott

Hi all,

They say bad news spreads faster than good, well I want to reverse that and post positive reviews of two vendors - as noted in the title:

Carter and Jasper - Joe Blunt - purchased a tin plate and tobacco wallet
    Sutler of Fort Scott - Steve and Laura Dunfee - purchased an Oil Cloth Mechanics Hat

I must note none of the products from either vendor have seen field use yet, but judging by first impressions, right out-of-the box the quality is top-notch! Then there is the customer service of both: again, awesome! All items arrived packed well and in perfect condition and didn't take along at all to arrive at my door.

I will most definitely patronize both again and suggest others do so as well! Of course, this is one dog's opinion . . . others will undoubtedly vary.

Best,
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Matt Mickletz[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=3][/SIZE][FONT=Garamond][COLOR="#800000"][/COLOR][I]Liberty Rifles[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Re: Carter and Jasper & Sutler of Fort Scott

Good job, Mutt of spreading good news on two deserving vendors!!

While I have not personally had the pleasure of working with Steve and Laura Dunfee yet, I can certainly echo your praise on Joe Blunt and his quality and timeliness with regards to several purchases that I have made.

Thanks for sending,
    Mark
    J. Mark Choate
    7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

I have purchased numerous goods from Steve and Laura Dunfee over the last 3 months in support of a draw at our local event.
      I have found his goods of superior quality, his delivery on time and his concerns genuine.
      I ordered a rubber cap cover but when it arrived it did not fit my Dirty Billy hat as these hats have a thicker rim. They very quickly sent me another which fit my exact dimensions perfectly. As I said, if OJ had tried that cover on he would still be in jail.

Erik Simundson
      Erik Simundson

Comment

My pards and I here in the Pacific Northwest have been very impressed with the goods that we've ordered from the Sutler of Fort Scott. Steve offers rapid communication and quick shipment in addition to a line of quality products. Several members of our mess, the "Lost Towney Mess", have invested in the oilcloth rain covers for our forage caps. Now, my rain cover fit my Dirty Billy Type 1 quite well. It was snug and it does force the hat to sit in upright in a shako profile, but I think that such a look is neat anyways! I appreciated the detail of handsewn buttonholes for the chinstrap buttons as well.

John
        John McPherson
        Member, "The Lost Towney" Mess
        Co. A, Fourth U.S. Inf'y & Co. K, 1st Washington Territory Vols.
        Fort Steilacoom, Washington Territory

Comment

My cap was an officer's kepi which caused the greater dimension. Therefore be careful in your measurements and Steven Dufee will oblige.
          Everything else has been satisfactory, on time and well made.

Erik Simundson
          Erik Simundson

Comment

I too have bought an item from Sutler of Fort Scott. It was a repro 1861 New Testament that I got at Shiloh. They have excellent items. Have also heard positive reviews on Carter and Jasper. Will definitely buy from them again.
            Philip D. Brening
            Austin's Battalion of sharpshooters Co.A

"Somebody put water in my boots" Pvt. John D. Timmermanm
            3rd New York Cavalry

Comment

Working...
            X