"The Unfinished Fight" By Craig Barry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Unfinished Fight" By Craig Barry

Last week I received my copy of Craig's new book and have now had some time to go over the content in some degree. The articles in this book, to me, are every bit as important to forming a good Confederate impression as reading "Soldiering in the Army of Tennessee". On a reenactor standpoint, there has not been a book this well put together and extensive on the Confederate Impression since the 3rd Mississippi Handbook came out YEARS ago. For the stickler in all of us, this book is literally the CS equivalent to the Columbia Rifles Research Compendium. Do yourselves a favor gents, put this on your Amazon wish list, or buy it for yourself.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: "The Unfinished Fight" By Craig Barry

I received Craig Barry's newest book, The Unfinished Fight, as a Christmas gift (I guided my wife to it online). I agree with Mr. Landrum's favorable impression. Every time I pick it up to read a new essay, I'm impressed with the details included in that particular essay, and then amazed at the wide scope of the essays. The book has a both a wide base and a lot of depth, not an easy accomplishment. And there's quite a bit of unexpected research after the expected weapons, uniforms and such are well covered. For instance, after yesterday's reading of Chapter 21, Celtic Heritage in the South, I'll never be able to toss out, "He's a redneck," without mentally going back to the Scottish origin of "redneck", and thinking the term deserves more respect than we give it these days.

If you haven't seen The Unfinished Fight: Essays on Confederate Material Culture, I suggest it's worth the effort and price to get a copy.

Phil McBride
    The Alamo Rifles
    Phil McBride
    Author:
    Whittled Away-A Civil War Novel of the Alamo Rifles
    Tangled Honor 1862: A Novel of the 5th Texas Infantry
    Redeeming Honor 1863: The 5th Texas Gettysburg and Chickamauga
    Defiant Honor 1864: The 5th Texas at the Wilderness and the 22nd USCT at New Market Heights
    Link to My Blog and My Books on Amazon:
    Blog: http://mcbridenovels.blogspot.com/http://www.amazon.com/Philip-McBride...ne_cont_book_1

Comment

Re: "The Unfinished Fight" By Craig Barry

I too, also bought a copy and it is full of many interesting information which has given a better insight as to the life of the confederate soldier. Very highly recommended.

Brent Conner
      Brent Conner

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X