Boyd Miles is a God among men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyd Miles is a God among men

For YEARS I've been looking at Boyd's officers haversacks and could never set aside the money to snatch one up when they were in stock. About a month ago I began to really bug Boyd about when the next run was going to be done so I could snag one before talking myself out of it. Finished on Saturday, Paid on Sunday and at my house Wednesday. I couldn't wait to get home and check it out. While it has been over 4 years since I purchased anything of any remarkable size, I can't even express how happy I am with the bag. One of my largest pet peeves with an officers impression was people carrying two haversacks (one for paperwork and one for food) so this could end guys looking like cheap pack mules.

Last I checked, he had 2 more in stock and a few more at the end of the month. If you guys putting together kits lack a good bag, jump on this. The last item I bought from Boyd was an early war US belt and buckle back in 2004, but after this transaction, there will certainly be a few more items.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: Boyd Miles is a God among men

Patrick, I made sure Boyd saw your post. Few know of the quality and historical construction of Boyd's goods. Everything he does is extremely well researched.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
    Past President Potomac Legion
    Long time member Columbia Rifles
    Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

I have one of his officer haversacks and love it.
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Boyd Miles is a God among men

I've had one of his for several years now and it's one of my favorite pieces. Leather ones are overused in my opinion, based on practicality, especially among jr officers. I've had people offer twice what I paid but can never seem to let it go. It's such a rarity to see an officer impression with a cloth haversack v. leather. Enjoy!
        Jose Suarez

Comment

I actually just got my haversack in the mail today and it is a work of art!
          Tyler Underwood
          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
          Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Boyd offers a number of unique items.

I've really enjoyed the combination blanket roll with carpet satchel attached. It's just enough for a half blanket, a change of underpinnings or shirt, and a few very small personals.
            Terre Hood Biederman
            Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
            Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Took a bit for me to resist that particular item!
              Patrick Landrum
              Independent Rifles

Comment

Does Mr. Miles make a US officers model?
                Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Bob, you are best served to contact Boyd directly at boydmiles1959@wmconnect.com He can talk specifics about officer haversacks. BTW, remember officer haversacks are not issued gear.

BTW, I purchased a cap that was based off of the Lt. Charlaron from Boyd, and I am 100% pleased with it.
                  Herb Coats
                  Armory Guards &
                  WIG

Comment

Thanks Herb

I would rather have a copy of a known Fed haversack or more generic style than one that screams CS.
                    Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Originally posted by Coatsy View Post
                      BTW, remember officer haversacks are not issued gear.
                      The real key to this discussion is what Coatsy says above. That is what allows for such variance.

BTW, I really enjoy the one I got from Boyd last year. Excellent work.

Mark
                      J. Mark Choate
                      7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Working...
                      X