Jebediah Night linger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jebediah Night linger.

I was checking out some of this person's wears online and was wondering if anyone can speak to the quality of the reproductions? They look good online but you know how that goes. Thank you in advance. Mods, if this question is in the wrong area please move it, or close it as your duty dictates. ;) Thank you.
    Your humble servant....
    Sean Collicott
    [URL="www.sallyportmess.itgo.com"]Sally Port Mess[/URL]
    [URL="http://oldnorthwestvols.org/onv/index.php"]Old Northwest Volunteers[/URL]

Re: Jebediah Night linger.

Sean,

I have not seen his wares, but reviews of his customer service and delivery are negative. He has worked under several different names and not delivered on items. Like you, I wondered the same question, but I will not order from him to avoid the frustration.
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Comment

I have moved this from the Sinks to Other Vendor Discussion as it is more appropriate here. And would like to add:
      DANGER, DANGER, DANGER
      This is Marks Watts dba Jebediah Nightlinger per his Etsy site. Mark Watts is banned from the AC & CW Reenactors due to a long history of bad business dealings. This is truly a case of 'buyer beware'.
      Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
      John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Comment

I echo what Ivan and Beth said: I ordered a tobacco wallet from him once and he got it to me since it was in stock, but I have heard from NUMEROUS people his service is hit-or-miss and some didn't get their money back from him when he didn't have an item. Caveat emptor, my friend!
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Mark Watts is indeed banned on the Civil War Reenactors Forum and has been for over 7 years. A number of alias names and emails arose subsequent to our initial banning, including scropeman , some other variations on the Watts name, and one foreign name, all of which traced to the same IP address.

He operates under a number of business names including Jebidiah Nightslinger, with an Etsy storefront

You may follow his continued adventures on Facebook in a group called Bad Bad Sutlers. While the group covers other topics, some of which are pretty much a cluster, its initial founding impetus came from a number of our friends across the pond who were each taken for several hundred dollar in high end uniforms never received.

Watts has served time in South Carolina.

He also administers a high volume Facebook sales group, one in which his own malfeasance goes unreported of course.

Why other reenactors continue to buy and sell on Watt's group and provide a support and shield for his theft is beyond my ability to comprehend.........

He delivers just enough to keep the malfeasance going.
          Terre Hood Biederman
          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Admin Hat Off... Regular Joe hat on..

DITTO Buyer beware.

Originally posted by crabby View Post
            I have moved this from the Sinks to Other Vendor Discussion as it is more appropriate here. And would like to add:
            DANGER, DANGER, DANGER
            This is Marks Watts dba Jebediah Nightlinger per his Etsy site. Mark Watts is banned from the AC & CW Reenactors due to a long history of bad business dealings. This is truly a case of 'buyer beware'.
            Thank You,

Brent Dacus

The AC Admin
            The Company of Military Historians
            Member, Civil War Preservation Trust

Are you reading? I still am...

Comment

Working...
            X