Trying to ID maker of this Frock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to ID maker of this Frock

I got this 2nd hand on forum. The frock is 100% hand sewn, with all the details. The seller said it was made by Charlie Childs, but I can't find any markings that identify it as County Cloth. Attached are the inside sleeve markings.

Note: I can;t seem to attach the image.

The sleeves are marked as follows: One sleeve has SA and 3 (Historical markings), but the other sleeve has three dots set in a triangle pattern with a small red Maltese cross next to it.

Ideas?

Thanks Pards,

Dan Limb
    Last edited by Dan Limb; 02-04-2017, 11:32 PM.
    Dan Limb
    One of THEM!

"In the moment of action, remember the value of silence and order" -- Phormio of Athens

"Your first duty is to get a decent hat. You cannot hope to do more. You should never wish to do less"

Direct Descendent of
    James M. Hergesheimer, Co. A. 20th Iowa Infantry

Capt. James G. Campbell, Co. F., 19th Illinois Infantry. Wounded at Missionary Ridge

Re: Trying to ID maker of this Frock

Both sleeve markings you described can be considered historical markings and don't identify a modern maker. The three dots also indicate size and my understanding is the Maltese cross is one of the unique inspector marks used at Schuylkill Arsenal. Photos would be most helpful.
    Paul McKee

Comment

Charlie often marked and dated his items in areas such as the back of pocket bags and inside of pockets, etc.
      Paul McKee

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyWag View Post
        Charlie often marked and dated his items in areas such as the back of pocket bags and inside of pockets, etc.
        Thanks for the information. I couldn't find any markings. I will try and post some images when I can.

Dan Limb
        Dan Limb
        One of THEM!

"In the moment of action, remember the value of silence and order" -- Phormio of Athens

"Your first duty is to get a decent hat. You cannot hope to do more. You should never wish to do less"

Direct Descendent of
        James M. Hergesheimer, Co. A. 20th Iowa Infantry

Capt. James G. Campbell, Co. F., 19th Illinois Infantry. Wounded at Missionary Ridge

Comment

Working...
        X