FHW Blankets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHW Blankets

I looked through the FHW website for blankets, but could not locate any. I know CJ Daley is/will be carrying the FHW fabrics, etc, but will FHW continue to reproduce the civilian style blankets?
    Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
    Nathan Bedford Forrest

Re: FHW Blankets

It is my understanding that blanket/coverlet production at FHW will be severely curtailed if not done away with. They are essentially getting out of the CW textiles business with the exception of carpets.
    John Stillwagon

Comment

Here's a link to the "specials" page on FHW's site. You will find the civilian coverlets towards the bottom of the page. Couldn't locate their US blankets, if they are still offered at all, but I did scan over the page quickly. Hope this helps...
      Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

Thanks for the info, but what I am looking for is the double woven blanket not the coverlet.
        Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
        Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Bill,

According to the lady I talked to a couple of weeks ago, FHW has sold out of blankets and have no plans to make any more.

Thumper
          Tom Glaze
          [SIZE=4]Tom Glaze[FONT=Georgia]

Comment

Bill,

I talked to the folks at FHW today and it turns out they have one civilian blanket left in stock.

If I understood the description correctly, the blanket is predominately blue with thin red stripes.

I don't known if it is double woven but it is probably your last chance to get a FHW's blanket.

Thumper
            [SIZE=4]Tom Glaze[FONT=Georgia]

Comment

Bill,

Pickett's Mill has a blanket made by FHW as described as being the last one they have by Tom. It is a very good blanket I ought to know because I put it my knapsack and use it for school programs. It is a medium weight 2/2 twill blanket. I highly recommend for you to get it if you can.

Thanks,

James Wooten, Interpretive Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by James the Haggard Ranger
                Bill,

Pickett's Mill has a blanket made by FHW as described as being the last one they have by Tom. It is a very good blanket I ought to know because I put it my knapsack and use it for school programs. It is a medium weight 2/2 twill blanket. I highly recommend for you to get it if you can.

Thanks,

James Wooten, Interpretive Ranger

Last time I was in the FHW store in Gettysburg They still had some blankets in stock.

L. Alexander Tamasi
                Last edited by ; 09-04-2004, 07:57 AM. Reason: signature

Comment

I was just wondering, but I know people will want to know where to get a good confederate issue or civillian blanket down the road. County Cloth are out, and the only two places I can think of to buy blankets are here second hand, or I know the Quatermaster Store has the imported blue English blankets. Yet then again those arn't right for all events.
                  Dane Utter
                  Washington Guard

Comment

Original coverlets maybe. From what I'm hearing they are still going to be making coverlets from time to time, but DAMN i'm glad I bought mine a while back.

Pat Landrum
                    Owner of 2 coverlets
                    Patrick Landrum
                    Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
                    X