Missouri Boot and Shoe Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Boot and Shoe Contact

I have been trying to get in touch with the folks at MB&S for about a week now and the phone # that is listed on their site just rings busy. Does anyone have an alternate contact for them? There is no e-mail contact on their site either. I know I have phoned them in the past. Has something changed over there?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Charlie
    Vive la Compagnie
    Charlie Spickler
    Co. I Mess
    CWPT Member

Re: Missouri Boot and Shoe Contact

Pre WWII phone lines are their problem. Keep calling, this issue has come up before in the past.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Comment

I tried today too. I just want to know if my Money Order sent back in July got through.
      Rick Bailey
      Melodian Banjoist from Allendale and Founder of Waffle Schnapps.

Comment

I finally got through. Everything is now right with the world.... (Well maybe just my little part of it)
        Charlie
        Vive la Compagnie
        Charlie Spickler
        Co. I Mess
        CWPT Member

Comment

Not trying to start anything here, but this topic comes up more than "authentic salt pork" (At least it seems that way.)

MBS phone questions pop up every 2 months around here....

Maybe we need to make a sticky thread (kidding)
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
          Cincinnati

Comment

Originally posted by HOG-EYE MAN
            Not trying to start anything here, but this topic comes up more than "authentic salt pork" (At least it seems that way.)

MBS phone questions pop up every 2 months around here....

Maybe we need to make a sticky thread (kidding)

That's a good idea, and I'm not kidding.
            Phil Graf

Can't some of our good friends send us some tobacco? We intend to "hang up our stockings." if they can't send tobacco, please send us the seed, and we will commence preparing the ground; for we mean to defend this place till h-ll freezes over, and then fight the Yankees on the ice.

Private Co. A, Cook's Reg't, Galveston Island.

Comment

If anyone would like it, I do have MBS's email address that I will give to whomever wants it privately. Please PM or IM me. Just received my cartridge boxes and traps this week and they look awesome.
              Mark Krausz
              William L. Campbell
              Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
              Old Northwest Volunteers
              Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTK36thIL
                If anyone would like it, I do have MBS's email address that I will give to whomever wants it privately. Please PM or IM me. Just received my cartridge boxes and traps this week and they look awesome.
                I spoke with them a week or two ago. They politely asked me NOT to give out their e-mail address. Maybe you have a different one? Regardless, Mrs. Serio told me they just got new phone lines so now you only have to compete with other customers trying to get through.
                Steve Shepherd
                Veritas numquam perit

Comment

That's the thing. There shouldn't be a "competition" to get ahold of a Vendor.

If they have email ability then they should have it set up so that they can respond to customers when they have time to or at least confirm an order. The way their system of business is set up, you have no way of knowing if your order got through or not. That's all I wanted to do was check and see if my money got through.

I've had orders lost in the mail a couple of times, both going to and coming back from a vendor. I ordered a filter canteen a few years back and was told it would be to me in a certain time. I allowed that time plus 2 months extra. When I contacted the maker, he told me it was sent out two months ago like promised. Come to find out, it was lost in the mail. I had a replacement in a few days. That's why I like to know if a mailed in order made it there without spending hours trying to get through on the phone.

That also shows another vendor problem. Don't tell me it's going out in the mail Monday (or it's already put in the mail) and it not show up for two months. If you tell me it's shipped and it's not there in two weeks, you can QUARANTEE I'm going to be calling to find out what went wrong.

Originally posted by Mofedshirker
                  I spoke with them a week or two ago. They politely asked me NOT to give out their e-mail address. Maybe you have a different one? Regardless, Mrs. Serio told me they just got new phone lines so now you only have to compete with other customers trying to get through.
                  Rick Bailey

Comment

I can understand the request from the Serios', it's bad enough to get spam but then having 100 reenactors a day emailing him about things. Business wouldn't get done. However, as a business of any size, there has to be a way to open communications. I doubt MBS is going to lose any market for their outstanding goods, but it is a downside if any producer can not be reached for orders or questions. Besides, does anyone remember a mail truck crashing and burning along the highway in the midewest this summer? Big news for some. Maybe some orders where in it. It would be nice to know if your own order had been consumed by fire.

I had a hard enough time dealing with A.V. "so and so" a year or so ago just to get a canteen. I called, emailed, and yelled repeatedly to get a have my item that was supposed to be shipped out at the end of the month (mid-May when ordered), and I didn't receive it until the end of the August. Time after time, "oh yes, da da da, it's coming." So much for great technology help there.

However, I just hope this issue will be resolved soon, as it seems every couple months there's another discussion of "Where in the world is Bob Serio?"

Loyal Dapper Dan man,
                    MTK

I believe the few interested parties have contacted me, and I will honor Mr. and Mrs. Serio's request for privacy.
                    Last edited by MarkTK36thIL; 09-03-2004, 06:42 PM.
                    Mark Krausz
                    William L. Campbell
                    Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
                    Old Northwest Volunteers
                    Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

Although not in the midwest on Aug.19 30 miles east of Laramie we had a double Fed Ex truck and a contract mail hauler along with 7 other rigs crash and burn. Happens more often then you think.
                      Tom Mattimore

Comment

Originally posted by tmattimore
                        Although not in the midwest on Aug.19 30 miles east of Laramie we had a double Fed Ex truck and a contract mail hauler along with 7 other rigs crash and burn. Happens more often then you think.
                        Isnt Wyoming the Midwest?
                        Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Another story that adds to my concern.

A Postal truck was delivering between Frankfort and Lexington (I live in Midway, "midway" between both cities. The DRUNKEN Postal truck driver had the side torn out of his truck by a nearby tree. By the time he reached the PO in Frankfort, there were two pieces of mail left in the truck. The rest was scattered for miles.

So between an order for shoes that were to be delivered around this time and my MBS order (which I STILL haven't found out if it ever made it there to begin with) I'm a little concerned.

Just another reson for vendors to confirm orders and to let people know when they ship.
                          Rick Bailey

Comment

I always thought the west starts where the corn ends.

The " I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences
                            Gaze at the moon until I lose my senses
                            Don't fence me in." Mess
                            Tom Mattimore

Comment

Trust me, I grew up in rural northern Ohio and now live in northwest KAnsas, a couple hours from DEnver (and lived for a few years in central Kansas). Kansas is "the plains," not the midwest.
                              [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Joanna Norris Forbes[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X