Myrtle Avenue Needs Some Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrtle Avenue Needs Some Lovin'

I am starting a 70th NYSV impression of Cpl. John Tomney, a Chinaman who fought at several major engagements during the War. This is the beginning of my Federal impression, though I have been doing Confederate for 3 years now (wow, time flies..I feel old!)

In lieu of an event that I have in a couple of weeks from now, I ordered a New York State Jacket from Marc Hermann of Myrtle Avenue Clothiers. He was very informative to my needs and only after I sent specific measurements and money, he got to work right away. A couple of months later, he told me it was done. When the package arrived..well, I can only say, "WOW!"

Marc, I am thoroughly impressed at your craftsmanship! Marc gave me all the details on the original jacket, located in the West Point Collections and encorporated them into the reproduction. Needless to say, I've stood in the mirror far too many time now viewing myself in all my "new blueness." :wink_smil

If anyone is interested in getting a New York State jacket, I can't not emphasize the great job Marc does.

Kudos for Myrtle Ave!
    Last edited by Shockoe Hill Cats; 09-14-2006, 07:19 PM.
    Jason C. Spellman
    Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut
Working...
X