Malcolm Addoms English Leather Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm Addoms English Leather Gear

Is anyone out there familiar w/ Malcolm Addoms' leather work? I spoke w/ him about a few items, he was very informative. I just wondered if anyone has ever purchased any of his goods.

Thanks,

Adam Dickerson
    Adam Dickerson

Re: Malcolm Addoms English Leather Gear

Adam,

Malcolm is a very fascinating fellow and yes, very informative. His leatherwork runs the gambit though honestly. His patterns are excellent although many of his finials and some other details are "off". That being said, he make wonderful binocular cases for those interested. For your main leather goods, I'd stick with Tim Welch and the of the AC approved vendors.

Regards,

Neill Rose
    PLHA

Comment

Thanks for the reply Neil. I guess I should've been more specific and say that I'm in the market for a buff snake buckle belt. Any experience w/ these?

Adam Dickerson
      Adam Dickerson

Comment

Adam,

Malcolm does use the correct white buff unlike many others. His snake buckles are OK too. That being said, I always recommend Brad Malone. I hear he just had a batch of snakes cast from Hanover Brass with iron loops, some cast brass, and some even brass wire; details most people miss. Try: bjm5120@msn.com

And don't get scared by white buff for English accoutrments, there's a good many ID'd pieces out there.

Neill Rose
        PLHA
        Last edited by Iron Scout; 12-18-2006, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Adam,

I've got two of Malcolm's snake buckle belts, and the pattern is outstanding. Most of the buckles he uses are from later pattern British army belts, furnished from different manufacturers, so there is some variation from one belt to the next in casting and finish. I've also bought quite a bit of original British leather gear from Malcolm, and he always offers very good items at exceptionally good prices.

I have several items from Brad Malone, too, and he does excellent work. You can't go wrong either way.

Cheers,

Michael
          Michael McComas
          drudge-errant

Comment

Working...
          X