Hanover Brass or Joe Leisch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanover Brass or Joe Leisch

As the surivors of previous crashes know, it can be forever ordering and receiving items from Hanover Brass. Although I was told the order I placed toward the end of January would ship out 'next week', I was later informed he had taken off the first part of the year, but I should call Joe Leisch, and he would have them in stock.

I called Joe last week and it didn't sound like a business number.

Are these items the same as Hanover Brass's (including red brass items)?

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Mr. Leisch?

Lastly, does anyone have a website for his products? I was unable to locate one.

Thanks
    Jay Stevens
    Tater Mess
    Independent Volunteers
    Iron Man Mess
    Reenactor Preservation Coalition
    Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
    Lost Tribes, October 2009
    Bummers, November 2009
    Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
    The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
    In the Van, August 2010
    Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Re: Hanover Brass or Joe Leisch

Jay I ordered two items from Mr Williams last week and got a reply from him the next day. Not sure how long it will take but it sounded like he was molding orders now.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Joe Leisch is Les Jensen's father in law and the Father of Juanita Leisch. With that said, I have bought items from Joe in the past up at the Nationals and he and his wife always treated me both fairly and honestly.

My preference for brass casting is for the Parsely's at www.civilwarbuckles.com They also do custom casting. I received the will ship next week line myself, and once was enough for me.

Best,
      Fenny I Hanes

Richmond Depot, Inc.
      PO BOX 4849
      Midlothian, VA 23112
      www.richmonddepot.com
      (804)305-2968

Comment

Joe is a gentleman and seems fair in his pricing.
        Gil Davis Tercenio

"A man with a rifle is a citizen; a man without one is merely a subject." - the late Mark Horton, Captain of Co G, 28th Ala Inf CSA, a real hero

Comment

"My preference for brass casting is for the Parsely's at www.civilwarbuckles.com They also do custom casting. I received the will ship next week line myself, and once was enough for me."

I can certainly endorse the Richmond Depot above. I spent several weeks trying to locate a good repop of a cast brass "I" button and was finally directed to Tim at Civil War Buckles. The final product was received quickly and superbly! By all means, do not hesitate to enlist the aid of this fine firm for your castings.

J
          [FONT=Times New Roman]H. L. "Jack" Hanger[/FONT]
          [I]"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at with a rest, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!"[/I] Chickamauga, 1863

Comment

Working...
          X