Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.R. Henderson and Sons Ltd.

Folks,
    I just have to tell the civil war cybor populace about a really great experience I have recently had with a vendor.
    Chris Henderson makes Flag Poles, Crates, Hardtack Boxes,Field Desks, Trunks, Pikes, Flag Poles, etc..
    You name it if its made out of wood and he can document it he will make it.
    Not only make it, but make it with original tools, by hand with the same constuction and finish as the originals.
    I ordered a table from him, it was made with all hand tools, cut nails, proper finish and it looks great. Not only that but it was only 75.00 and he had it to me in a week and a half.
    I have ordered a field desk and oyster crate from him and I am going to have him make me another table.
    Chris, GREAT work, GREAT customer service, and GREAT price.
    my.spinsite.com/crhendersonltd[/url] if this does not work his site is in his profile.

Cheers:D
    Terry Sorchy
    Last edited by Terry Sorchy; 07-27-2007, 06:14 PM.

Re: C.R. Henderson and Sons Ltd.

I will second that. I have purchased a couple flag poles from Chris and both are top notch. His customer service cannot be beat and he is a heckuva nice guy as well.

Best regards, Bill.
    Bill Treadway
    Co. A First Texas Infantry
    Co. A Forty-Fifth Mississippi Infantry
    Co. D Eighth Missouri Infantry (CS)

Comment

I agree. Having seen his products first hand, I would say the craftsmanship of each piece is second to none.

Robert Saye
      56th Geo.
      Robert Saye

Saye Leatherwork
      Widow Makers Mess
      Armory Guards Associate

Comment

Thanks, guys,
        I really appreciate the kind words. :)
        Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
        WIG/GVB
        In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Ahhh,
          Thought the name was familiar...
          Chris makes a darn fine F/Sgt too...
          [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]Howard Davis[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
          [I]Retired[/I]

Comment

All,

I have seen Chris' work and it is great. You cannot go wrong in doing business with him.
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

It's only taken me too long to jump on this! I received a drop front field desk and table from Chris and they are both wonderful. He was great to work with on getting exactly what I wanted and even followed up to make sure I not only received them after they were shipped but also after the first event I used them at. He has great customer service. I look forward to some other projects we talked about in the future.
              Kurt Loewe
              Botsford Mess
              Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

I have known Chris my entire life and have grown up reenacting with him since we were little kids. Not only is he a wonderful guy, he has a wonderful work ethic and excellent customer service skills. His woodworking skills are amazing and I am so proud of him!! Please pass his name around, I can second and third and forth the quality of his work.
                Kristen Cooper

Comment

Another nod of great work to Mr. Chris Henderson.

Kiev Thomason made a civilain style pistol holster for me for Outpost 3 and he used a Chris made wooden finial piece to close the top loop. I like the small detail that it adds.

Good job Chris!
                  Herb Coats
                  Armory Guards &
                  WIG

Comment

Mr. Henderson made me an oyster crate that is so handsome that my wife allows me to display in just inside our front door. I don't have too many pieces of reenacting gear that meet THAT standard!
                    Andrew Batten

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Sorchy View Post
                      Folks,
                      I just have to tell the civil war cybor populace about a really great experience I have recently had with a vendor.
                      Chris Henderson makes Flag Poles, Crates, Hardtack Boxes,Field Desks, Trunks, Pikes, Flag Poles, etc..
                      You name it if its made out of wood and he can document it he will make it.
                      Not only make it, but make it with original tools, by hand with the same constuction and finish as the originals.
                      I ordered a table from him, it was made with all hand tools, cut nails, proper finish and it looks great. Not only that but it was only 75.00 and he had it to me in a week and a half.
                      I have ordered a field desk and oyster crate from him and I am going to have him make me another table.
                      Chris, GREAT work, GREAT customer service, and GREAT price.
                      my.spinsite.com/crhendersonltd[/url] if this does not work his site is in his profile.

Cheers:D
                      Terry Sorchy
                      Combat field test of the above items passed 4.0 at Outpost. Fantastic skill. It looked like it was worth being a staff officer just to put your papers in the field desk...;)
                      Last edited by DougCooper; 11-02-2007, 06:07 PM.
                      Soli Deo Gloria
                      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Doug, what's funny is that I built two of those 10th Wis. desks; one was for Terry and one was for Kurt Loewe. After the return from Mills Springs, he (Kurt) said that his wife tripped, fell on the desk and required stitches. The desk held up well only needing minor repair. (I hope you're wife healed well, Kurt) I laughed till I stopped on that one. Thanks everybody! I really do appreciate the kindnesses.

Chris
                        Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
                        WIG/GVB
                        In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Chris,
                          Thanks for the concern for my wife. She is fine. It is pretty funny to look back at the hospital visit when the doctors asked how it happened and with a jerk of the thumb towards me she said "one on his stupid boxes hit me". Note her not taking any of the blame.
                          Kurt Loewe
                          Botsford Mess
                          Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

Let's get a functioning link on this sucka...
                            http://my.spinsite.com/crhendersonltd/
                            John Wickett
                            Former Carpetbagger
                            Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

I bought one of the used ammunition boxes from Chris at the end of Outpost. Very nicely made box, at a great price. It will certainly get use in the future, and I will be going back to Chris for future purchases.
                              Andy Ackeret
                              A/C Staff
                              Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Working...
                              X