Need yer Brogans fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need yer Brogans fixed?

If your Civil War brogans or boots are on their last leg, try sending them to Jody Sarno who owns the Chambersburg Cobbler.

I had a few pairs that were near gone and he brought them back to life.

He does repairs on other time periods from Rev War up to WWII.

To contact him, please click here: http://www.chambersburgcobbler.com/about_us.html

I have more pictures that I'll down load at a later time, but here's a pair of shoes he repaired. He replaced the heel and patched the instep for only $15.00. He put about 10 more years of life left into a dead pair of shoes. Thank Jody.

Attached Files
    Last edited by CJDaley; 08-18-2007, 11:21 AM.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Re: Need yer Brogans fixed?

Chris, this post is great timing as I have a favorite old pair that are in need of some very skilled repair. I will contact the shop and see if they can help my old brogans.
    John Barr
    2nd Delaware

Comment

Chris,
      I could not agree with you more.When I was living there I had Jody resole my Mattimore brogans and he did a incredible job and he actually pegged the soles too.This is something else that you dont see often if at all, he repaired some torn stitching on them without my asking him to do so and he didnt even charge for it, he just did it!He did such a great job on them I left my spare pair with him to do also.
      Honestly I feel like he didnt charge enough for the work he did and to top it all off he is a very nice guy that goes out of his way to do a good job and get it done when he says it will be.
      Sincerely,
      John Rogers

Comment

Thanks CJ
        I have several brogans and boot that need something done.
        Jim "Doc" Bruce
        War means fightn and fightn means killn.
        L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
        Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

Glad I stumbled upon this, my booties are crying to get new soles and the individuals in the area over charge so much. His work looks excellent I will definitely be sending my brogens there during the off season.

Sean M. Lamb
          The Bully Boys
          Sean M. Lamb

[I]"Our Reg't is composed of Germans, Dutch-Americans, and Irish they being the majority and very hard set. Our company is composed of the same stock, we can not agree very well with the Irish."[/I]
          James A. Peifer
          Co. C 46th Penna. Vol. Inf.

Comment

Working...
          X