Neill Rose British Import Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neill Rose British Import Belt

I just wanted to take a moment and compliment Neill Rose on the fabulous British import belt that he made for me. From the time I initially contacted him, he was most helpful and informative, freely sharing his research and documentation. The belt is extremely well made and is spot on with one of the examples seen in EOG. My thanks to Neill for his commitment to research and quality. He is an fine artisan and material cutlure scholar.

C.J. Roberts
    C.J. Roberts

Re: Neill Rose British Import Belt

CJ,

Here, Here!!!! I got one of these belts recently as well! I drooled over one in '05 that Neill broght with him to an event. I noticed some "odd" looking stitching on the back. Neill then explained to me the "tunnel stitch", where the stitch actually goes between the layers of leather so as not to be seen from the front. Wow!!! Talk about an opportunity for bloody fingers!!!! (...on the part of the maker, not the wearer)

That English belt is one of the truly unique items out there, with a lot of attention paid to the details ...and made by a really nice guy, to boot!
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Thanks Guys,

The hobby is blessed with some truly talented leather artisans. I'm certainly glad to fill a niche. My business partner, Brad Malone, and I may be re-upping our AC Vendor status here shortly so keep a look out.

I'm very happy both Tim Welch and Nick Duvall are making English accoutrements too. It's quite appropriate to strive for sets of these items as there were more than 33-38K complete sets in the South by Nov, 1862.

Neill Rose
      PLHA

Comment

CJ Do you have any pics? I agree Neill' s/Brad's work and customer service is second to none! I have a roller buckle belt and a shield front cap pouch that are absolute stunners.
        Regards,
        Scott Dallimore
        14th SCVI Co. I "McCalla's Rifles"
        Reedy River Mess - 16th S.C. The Greenville Rg't
        -------------------------------------

Comment

I have Mr Rose working on a sword belt for me as we speek and I can't wait!His quality is outstanding and he is a fine fellow to boot.Cheers for Neil!
          Kiev Thomason
          a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
          WIG
          Armory Guards
          Forest Park Lodge #399
          Forest Park GA.

Comment

Neill and Brad both gets a two-thumbs up five-star triple-A rating from me. I have a half dozen items from them, ranging from sword belt to a canteen sling, and all show excellent workmanship and materials. When I approached them for one item, the response was "I don't have a pattern for that, but I know where to get one!" and two months later I had a beautiful bayonet scabbard.

Kiev, not sure what pattern sword belt you're getting, but I promise you it will be great.
            Andy Ackeret
            A/C Staff
            Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Neill,
              I would certainly encourage you to pursue the vendor status. Your "niche" is needed here. Your outstanding work, attention to detail, and willingness to share your knowldege is second to none.

Tim Welch
              L.D.Haning and Co.
              Tim Welch

Comment

Scott,

I'd be happy to post pics, but I seem to be having trouble uploading. I'll see if I can figure out the problem and post a picture as soon as possible.

C.J.
                C.J. Roberts

Comment

Thank You CJ!

I'll have to add that to my list of things to get now too.
                  Regards,
                  Scott Dallimore
                  14th SCVI Co. I "McCalla's Rifles"
                  Reedy River Mess - 16th S.C. The Greenville Rg't
                  -------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by GWHall View Post
                    Neill and Brad both gets a two-thumbs up five-star triple-A rating from me. I have a half dozen items from them, ranging from sword belt to a canteen sling, and all show excellent workmanship and materials. When I approached them for one item, the response was "I don't have a pattern for that, but I know where to get one!" and two months later I had a beautiful bayonet scabbard.

Kiev, not sure what pattern sword belt you're getting, but I promise you it will be great.
                    I just would let everyone know ...I just got my saber belt and it is one of the nicest repop belts I have ever seen.The work is outstanding.Neil really goes the distance.There is some nice orginal hardware also.If anyone is in the market Neil is a great guy and his leather is tops!I almost cried when I put it on:wink_smil

Thanks Neil!
                    Kiev Thomason
                    a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
                    WIG
                    Armory Guards
                    Forest Park Lodge #399
                    Forest Park GA.

Comment

Neill-

I still use your Confederate cap box I bought from you at River's Bridge (Brad made it, correct?) ... Got some use at W64 recently and has still held-up very well.

A great investment indeed, sir.

Thanks- Johnny Lloyd

PS- One day, I'm gonna get back home and I'll be at Secessionville again... ;)
                      Johnny Lloyd
                      John "Johnny" Lloyd
                      Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                      SCAR
                      Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                      Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                      Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                      Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
                      X