Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale: M1816 Pomeroy contract Belgian conversion musket dated 1838 with bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: M1816 Pomeroy contract Belgian conversion musket dated 1838 with bayonet

Nice 1816 Pomeroy dated 1838, Belgian conversion to percussion. I bought this a decade ago with the intent to use at living history events but always left it in the safe. Aside from occasional swabbing the bore and occasionally wiping some linseed oil on the stock, I never used it. All the metal is in great condition. The screws are not dog-eared. Proofs are clear and clean. The bore is beautiful. The butt-plate has minimal wear. What stands out is the stock is proud on all edges and only shows minimal dings here and there, versus abuse, and while the lock has some evidence of a previous owner's cleaning, the entire musket is tight; the bands, fit and finish, etc. For a 180-year-old firearm, it is in excellent condition. The only thing I did was have the Rifle Shoppe install a weaker mainspring. It had the original flintlock spring that was very (very) heavy. I didn't want to whack the living hell out of the cone. I still have the original mainspring. Also includes an excellent condition original bayonet.

$1,800 shipped CONUS for musket, bayonet, and sling. Payment by USPS money orders preferred but will take any form of a check (personal, bank, cashiers, etc). Will do Paypal but it has to be no-fee or add 3.5%Shipping by UPS Ground insured.

Happy to try and answer any questions and send more pics.

Thanks for looking!

Ben

Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

$1500 plus shipping.

Detailed pics here: https://www.n-ssa.net/vbforum/showth...6411#post86411
    Last edited by buckandball; 09-28-2021, 08:14 PM.
    Ben Grant

Comment

Still available. Will consider reasonable offers.
      Ben Grant

Comment

Sold, many thanks!
        Ben Grant

Comment

Working...
        X