This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Southern Officer's DB Frock - Size 40

This is a size 40, double-breasted, CS officer's frock coat, with major's insignia on the collar.

This coat was made by me in early 2020 in preparation for an event I was not able to attend (a li'l pre-Covid flu!). It has been sitting in my closet ever since and has NEVER been worn.

This coat is my best work - the best frock I have made!
    It has blue infantry piping on the collar, fronts, tail vent, tail pocket flaps, and on the functional cuffs.
    Sleeves are 1860's fashionable wide-elbow "D" shape with Austrian knots. There are 3 rows of braid, with the third row attached so you can remove it if portraying a captain or 1st Lt.

Collar insignia was sewn on during construction - note how the stitching does not show on the inside of the collar!

Sleeves are lined with a period reproduction printed cotton.
    Body is lined with a gold silk:linen blend fabric - I got this from 96th District, who are no longer in business. I'm not sure where this fabric could be found today. The check lining features a detailed quilting pattern (and lining fabric!), similar to a coat on display in New Orleans at Confederate Memorial hall.
    Skirt is lined in black polished cotton.

There are two interior pockets in the chest lining.
    There are two tail pockets.
    There is a pocket in the right front exterior breast (it would be near the base of the ribcage, or so).

All buttonholes are sewn in silk with silk gimp - sewn "keyhole".

Buttons on the fronts and tails are original (but post-war) Federal staff officer buttons. Cuffs have Virginia seal buttons.

The price is a firm $1,300, which includes shipping and insurance to the lower 48. I would discount a little for local pickup.
    That's pricey, I know - but this coat is UNWORN and has features you won't find on coats "off the rack".

Thank you!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 10 photos.
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

More photos!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 8 photos.
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
    X