Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB musket/rifle and good federal leather

Howdy everyone,

I am hoping to find a good used Lorenz or 1842, either one with bayonet for a good price. Defarbed would be a plus, but not required.
    I also need a good federal cartridge box, belt and 2 rivet scabbard. Ideally a set would be nice, with plates if possible.

I am a fairly small guy with a 32 natural waist. So the belt cannot be huge nor the cartridge box sling.

Thanks

Bryan Kohn
    Bryan Kohn

You'd do well to hit up Merrick custom leather for the leathers. Good leathers sell at new prices these days. You might as well get new stuff. I like Robert Saye, Saye Leather, and I think his stuff is available on SUM. Otherwise, either of those guys can be found on Facebook. Good luck.
    Jacob "Ned" Nolan
    Mess No. 1

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard View Post
      You'd do well to hit up Merrick custom leather for the leathers. Good leathers sell at new prices these days. You might as well get new stuff. I like Robert Saye, Saye Leather, and I think his stuff is available on SUM. Otherwise, either of those guys can be found on Facebook. Good luck.
      Something that bothers me about the trend of Facebook vendors is that it becomes hard to see catalogs, prices, or contact information for those vendors. I took a peek at the Merrick's Custom Leather facebook page, and the images that loaded caught my attention, as I certainly am interested in acquiring luggage for impressions and personal use. But how can I contact to find out what all he offers him without a facebook profile? I don't have one, and I won't create one. It's the same with all of those civilian clothing and gear vendors mentioned in the Authentic Citizen subforum. At least with Etsy I can shop as a guest, but not with facebook.
      Michael Denisovich

Bookkeeper, Indian agent, ethnologist, and clerk out in the Territory
      Museum administrator in New Mexico

Comment

His email is on the page, sir. I recommend starting there. Ask questions. He's not hard to talk to.

It seems your problems here are of your own choosing.
        Jacob "Ned" Nolan
        Mess No. 1

Comment

Working...
        X