WTB 1842

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 1842

I know it's a long shot but I'm looking for a 1842 musket if anyone is willing to part with one.

Thanks,
    Will Watson

As cav was this something you know you were issued
    or are working on another impression? I’m not certain any one in a cav unit would recieve full length rifles unless that was all that was available in the union arsenal what period of the war are you trying to portray? I’m under the assumption that your unit is federal and as I’ve read were a militia cavalry so you could be right on your arms if You really need one you could look to see if lodgewood or comers gun works is carrying one
    other that you could check on this forum for someone selling one or you could buy one from pedersoli or Chiappa or wait for a reasonably good armisport
    Or a navy arms and then go through the process to have defarbed by one of the companies listed
    I am having the same issue finding the same arm for a cheaper price than listed

since my unit is going for an 1861 impression of the
    79th New York State militia highland guard (then
    volunteers) which recieved 1816 conversion smoothbores and 1842 smooth bores
    5th companie recieved enfield three banders

I would scour every place for one if this is actually specific to you,re unit

Chris roberts 79th New York company c
    previous member of other groups
    known as farbalry

Christian Roberts

Comment

Missouri Confederates/ Missouri State Guard were armed almost exclusively with infantry type 3 band muskets and rifles. However, another reason I am looking for one is for "bleeding Kansas" type events in which most fighters had arms taken from pre civil war military arsenals.

Thanks,
      Will Watson

Comment

Your welcome I have researched the state guard
        they were a pretty fierce force for being lightly equipped lightly armed force at least in the beginning and made do with what they could aquire from the country side
        Christian Roberts

Comment

A Musket has been found! Thanks all!

Will

Comment

Working...
          X