TMD Confederate Officer Kepi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMD Confederate Officer Kepi

Yesterday I received my Confederate Officers Kepi that I ordered from Don Smith. I just wanted to say; not only is the cap a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, but just as important, Don is a pleasure to work with. Don was always very accommodating and provided many suggestions that helped to make the cap exactly what I wanted. Also, Don was very easy to stay in contact with and he allowed me to continue to bounce ideas off of him until production time. As for the cap, the blue wool band which Don used perfectly matches the collar and cuffs on my double breasted officers frock coat. The bill of the cap is beautifully enameled and bound and the gold braid used on the cap is very nice. I want to thank Don for making such a beautiful cap.:)
    Last edited by rmassella; 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]Robert Masella
    Wheeling Fencibles
    Pridgeon's Shenandoah Legion
    Southern Division

"Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat" (The one whom God wants to destroy, he first makes mad): Col. S. Crutchfield, (Jackson's Chief of Artillery)[/FONT]

Re: TMD Confederate Officer Kepi

My only regret with Don is, I wish there were about 50 of him, pumping stuff out like a factory!! He is very well versed in almost ever aspect of mid-19th cent. material culture, and know a great deal. From frock coats to homespun camp stoves, he has it down. Craftsmanship and attention to the small stuff is first rate boys!!

Erik McBroom
    Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
    16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
    Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Working...
    X