overalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overalls

if this is not the correct forum for this question i apologize.
    what would be correct for making period overalls? cotton, wool or denim?
    going to try my hand at it. thank you too all that throw there 2 cents!

Ryan St.Peters
    Big Muddy Mess

Re: overalls

Basically, all of the above. It goes without saying to avoid alot of the commercially available modern denims (although there are several varieties out there that will do nicely). Also, don't overlook jeancloth (wool or cotton) and heavier linens for authentic and comfortable overalls. My personal experience is that wool or jeancloth wears longer, but heavy cottons and linens tend to run a little more comfortable. With the correct drawers and shirts, they're all good.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Re: overalls

I hate to sound like a broken record but you can also "use the search function" on the toolbar at the top of the page. Just type in something like "Overalls" and something is bound to come up. It's been discussed here many times so there's PLENTY of info on overalls, their construction, material, appropriateness in certain situations/impressions, and the list goes on and on!
      Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
      WIG/GVB
      In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Working...
      X