Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a video of the super hardcore , the real deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a video of the super hardcore , the real deal.

Enjoy!
    A montage of archival footage from the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg.www.army.mil/gettysburgwww.army.mil

Regards,
    Jeffrey Cohen
    Jeffrey Cohen

Re: Here's a video of the super hardcore , the real deal.

Good job, thanks for sharing
    [B]Mike Lewis
    1st Arkansas Co. D, CSA
    5th Kansas, Dismounted Cav, USA[/B]

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I love seeing the old footage of our civil war vets, always brings a tear to my eye; I only wish there was more.
      Sean M. Lamb

[I]"Our Reg't is composed of Germans, Dutch-Americans, and Irish they being the majority and very hard set. Our company is composed of the same stock, we can not agree very well with the Irish."[/I]
      James A. Peifer
      Co. C 46th Penna. Vol. Inf.

Comment

Very Stirring...
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]
        Cadet Ross Hussmann
        VMI 2010
        PVT. 5th Michigan Company K Saginw City Light Infantry
        [/I][/FONT]

Comment

We have an attorney practicing in western North Carolina, a WW II vet, perhaps the last of that generation yet active hereabouts, who, as a boy, attended that reunion.
          David Fox

Comment

Hallo!

I never looked on line to see what availalbe in snippet-form, but there are commercially available "compilations" of newsreel footage of CW veterans available.

(It is also haunting or evocative, that with few exceptions every adult in those clips are gone as well...)

Curt
            Curt Schmidt
            In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
            -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
            -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
            -Vastly Ignorant
            -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Thank you for the posting Jeffery.
              I do wish more original audio was posted on this one as well, but if you look into the other offerings on You Tube some of them do have audio, so a Rebel Yell can be heard along with other bits.
              Haunting.
              Steve Sullivan

Comment

This is why it is so important to continue the tradition these men started by gathering every year at Rememberance Day. The veterans themselves are long gone, but it is up to us, their descendants, to keep their memory alive.

It doesn't matter how "hard core" you are...if you are honoring veterans, it is all good!

Jess Craig
                Jessica Craig
                Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society (AGSAS)

Comment

All I can say is great. I have seen parts of the film before and I still shed a tear.
                  Jim "Doc" Bruce
                  War means fightn and fightn means killn.
                  L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
                  Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

It's most humbling for me to watch these news reels . It makes me relieze just how easy we all have it ,when I think of what those "Boys" endured . I do suspect that they are smiling down on all of us, Farb. mainstreamers, authentic, etc . They know what's in our hearts . They know each of us and why we do what we do. Those among us who consider themselves "hardcore" can make every effort We can all attempt to be as correct , as hardcore as we want, but we will never measure up to them .
                    As to them being gone . They will never be dead, or gone as long as we remember them . No one evr dies who is remembered .
                    Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Thank you, Mr. Cohen, for reminding me why I engage in this hobby and for prompting me to resolve to do my best to honor those men.
                      And, moreover, to honor all men and women who have served our Nation in all wars and conflicts.
                      To all out there, whenever you get an opportunity, thank a veteran for what he or she has done for you. Some will not be long with us.
                      Lest we forget.

Andy Redd
                      Andy Redd

Comment

Working...
                      X