X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyalist Arms Shotgun

Hi,

Does anyone on this forum own one of the Loyalist Arms shotguns? http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/fowler.htm . I have been looking into buying a shotgun, but was not sure of the quality and authenticity of this brand. Also, how does this weapon compare to the Pedersoli shotgun? (Meaning in authenticity and quality) Any help would be great. Thanks

Andrew
    Andrew Kasmar

Re: Loyalist Arms Shotgun

25 pages of opinions on Loyalist.

If I recall comrade Curt got very poor and dangerous mileage.

yours may vary
    Bryant Roberts
    Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
    palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Hi,

Thanks Mr. Roberts. I have been reading alot of post on the company, but was hoping that someone could give information on this one particular weapon. Thanks

Andrew
      Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Andrew,
        No need for "Mr. Roberts". I am no expert on reproduction firearms (or much of anything else). Loyalists shotgun maybe "jam up", but going on what folks have said about their other products, it may be wise to wait a little longer. I'd like a 1816/1840 conversion something fierce, but I'm not going to buy Loyalists.
        Bryant Roberts
        Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
        palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Hi,

That is something that I have been putting alot of consideration into. Does anyone know another maker of "correct" shotguns? Thanks

Andrew
          Andrew Kasmar

Comment

You can find original working conidtion shotguns from time to time at gun shows. I bought one in KC last year for under the cost of 1/2 of a repo. You just need to be patient and wait for a good deal to come your way. Or there are several threads about civilian long arms on this site that list numerous pages of options.
            Mitchell L Critel
            Wide Awake Groupie
            Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Hallo!

Moderator hat on:

"Indian" import reproduction discussions are "discouraged" as their overall quality is not up to the "Authentic Campaigner" and "Authentic Civil War Living Historian" standards.

Moderator hat off...

IMHO...

Personally, if I were considered a percussion double-barreled shotgun, for a first choice I would restore an original (with steel barrels rather than damascus).

As a second choice, I actually like the "look" and "styling" of the Loyalist Arms import over the Italain imported reproduction shotguns.
              And were it not for, IMHO, unsubstantiated claims of Indian made non-guns being safe to live and blank fire, would buy one and reblue the metal and more heavily varnish-oil the "teak" wood stock of the Loyalist Arms offering.

(Not that I ask anyone to substitute my judgment for their own, or my preferences for their own.)

Others' mileage will vary...

Curt
              Curt Schmidt
              In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
              -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
              -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
              -Vastly Ignorant
              -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
              X