Reproduction Lorenz Bayonets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduction Lorenz Bayonets

In a previous thread some folks lamented the lack of reproduction Austrian Lorenz bayonets. There is a reproduction available from Loyalist Arms in Canada. It fits the crappy smoothbore Lorenz that they sell. However, I don't suspect the bayonet would be any worse than any of the Sub-Continent repro bayonets that most folks use. The issue might be the inside diameter of the socket which is about .80 inch. To get a proper fit on an original or Pedersoli reproduction you would have to shim it, which is not very hard to do. I emailed the proprieter and he tells me that the next shipment is due in March and they are $94 USD with scabbard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lorenzbay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	232710Click image for larger version

Name:	lorenzbay1.jpg
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	232711Click image for larger version

Name:	lorenzbay2.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	232712
    Mark Hubbs
    My book, The Secret of Wattensaw Bayou, is availible at Amazon.com and other on-line book sellers

Visit my history and archaeology blog at: www.erasgone.blogspot.com

Re: Reproduction Lorenz Bayonets

LD Haning is reproducing Federal scabbards for the Lorenz as well. I believe he can make them for original and reproduction rifles.
    Jason David

Peter Pelican
    36th Illinois Co. "B"
    Prodigal Sons Mess
    Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

You see period images of cruciform Lorenz bayonets sticking well out of the top of US made 3-sided scabbards. If the reproduction Loyalist bayonet can be made to fit the reproduction Lorenz, I would be surprised. The smoothbore barrel those use is (IIRC) .62 bore size. I guess we will find out when Mark gets his in the mail?
      Craig L Barry
      Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
      Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
      Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
      Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

I am currently on the lookout for a Lorenz bayonet. Did you end up purchasing this repro?
        How does it compare to the orginals?
        Robert E. "Obi" Barnes

Southeast Kansas area Union Reenactor
        Descendant of Sgt John Giggy, CoH 44th Indiana

Comment

I'll be interested to see how this turns out. As far as the Pedersoli Lorenzes are concerned, what about the issue with the dovetailed front-sight?
          Will Thoms

Comment

Working...
          X