Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Re: Alleged CW haversack - eBay

Looks like a WW1 or 2 haversack.

Comment

That is a Chauchat magazine bag.
      Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Repro chauchat bag. Not quite the same? Variations? I thought the strap in the Ebay bag looked a little light for an ammunition bag.... Note this fellow won't sell to Germans? is it some kind of German bag? Or does he just not like Germans? :-)
        Bill Watson
        Stroudsburg

Comment

NO GERMAN BIDDERS EXCEPTED

According to that, Germans just have to do the same things everybody else does.

Comment

Spelling, what a concept. :-) I went by what I think he meant, not what he spelled.
            Bill Watson
            Stroudsburg

Comment

Originally posted by billwatson
              http://www.aefsupply.com/chau_bag1.jpg

Repro chauchat bag. Not quite the same? Variations? I thought the strap in the Ebay bag looked a little light for an ammunition bag.... Note this fellow won't sell to Germans? is it some kind of German bag? Or does he just not like Germans? :-)

The French Russians, and US each made dozens of variations of this bag.
              Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

who knows what he really meant -- Iwould email him but I rarely have any luck with that.

Comment

Working...
                X