Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knapsacks and what soldiers painted on them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knapsacks and what soldiers painted on them...

Now, I know from doing research that soldiers would paint their Regimental ID on their Knapsacks and that the armies would put numbers on the Knapsack to match the rack numbers in barracks and the there number in the company. I am really interested to see if they ever would have painted any sayings or anything else of that nature on their knapsacks. So, if any body has any photos or artifacts, please share them with me.
    Last edited by ; 05-31-2004, 11:30 AM.

Re: Knapsacks and what soldiers painted on them...

well I don't know if it's authentic but I have a friend who "FSU" on his knapsack. it stands for Fairmont State University . abarently he went there . believe it or not his uniform is very authentic.

Hallo Kamerad! The AC Forum is for serious, documentable, and even scholarly discussion. One should not be posting "I don't know if it is authentic, but..." When it comes to authenticity and the AC Forum, "authenticity" is or it isn't; with the documentation, references, citations, or scholarly discussion and opinions derived from them then being shared. Thanks for your cooperation. CHS, Moderator
    Last edited by Curt Schmidt; 05-31-2004, 07:15 PM.
    Very Respectfully,
    Robert Young

Comment

Working...
    X