Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an article from MC&H Winter 1996

Hello gents,

I'm looking for a copy of Fred Adolphus’ article “Confederate Clothing of the Houston Quartermaster Depot” published in the Military Collector & Historian, Winter 1996 issue. If anyone has a copy of this available, I will gladly pay photocopying and postage. And I'll owe you a huge favor.

Thanks,

Michael
    Michael McComas
    drudge-errant

Re: Looking for an article from MC&H Winter 1996

Good luck to you,

John

Jno. Sarver
    Cin. O.
    John Sarver

Comment

Mike,

FYI, shipping on back issues is almost as much as the issue itself.

I don't have that article or I'd send it.
      John Stillwagon

Comment

Michael - have a copy and will send it to you inside the haversack - Merry Christmas!
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Originally posted by DougCooper
          Michael - have a copy and will send it to you inside the haversack - Merry Christmas!
          Thanks, Doug!
          Michael McComas
          drudge-errant

Comment

For others who might be considering ordering issues of MC&H, a further note on shipping. Mr . Stillwagon is correct concerning an order of a single issue or two. Ordering multiple copies of the journal isn't bad at all IMHO. For example, I recently ordered six back issues, David Sullivan quoting me a shipping rate of $3.00 or $6.00 priority mail for the batch, well worth it. Not to mention as well that ordering directly from the CMH, supports the CMH, which is a very good thing.

John
            Jno. Sarver
            Cin. O.
            Last edited by Agate; 12-25-2003, 11:32 AM.
            John Sarver

Comment

John,

Do you know if there is an index to the back issues for MC&H? I know there are several articles that I want, but I don't know all the issue numbers, etc. An index would help me make up a shopping list.

Cheers,

Michael
              Michael McComas
              drudge-errant

Comment

Hi Michael,

Click on the link provided in the other post, scroll down to "issue availability", click on that and a new page containing a volume index should come up. If you click on an individual issue, the contents of the issue should come up in a smaller window.

Would help if an article index was provided (maybe this is the case, I haven't found it as yet however, with the exception of the Rev War article index on Rev War 75). If the link doesn't happen to work for you, shoot me an e-mail at Jrsarver@aol.com and I'll get you there. Neat stuff.

Good Luck to you,

John
                Jno. Sarver
                Cincinnati
                Last edited by Agate; 12-25-2003, 01:26 PM.
                John Sarver

Comment

Comrades,

Just received a very nice e-mail from Mr. John K. Robertson webmaster of the CMH site, and he asked me to share the following with you:

On or about 15 January 2004, the Company of Military Historians website will open an online searchable index to Military Collector & Historian and the Military Uniforms in America plates. The link will be off the Journals webpage and open to all users.

This is a grand opportunity for all of us, and I hope others choose as well to take real advantage of it. BTW, Mr Robertson is co-owner of the Rev War 75 site along with I believe, our own "Roofus." If you have even a passing interest in the American Revolution I would encourage a visit.

John

Jno. Sarver
                  Cin. O.
                  John Sarver

Comment

Working...
                  X