Spencer Tie Shoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer Tie Shoe

I am looking for tips on possible getting a civilian style shoe for my confederate impression. I will mostly be doing a Western Confederate impression, (on top of my western union). What Civilian shoe would be appropriate for the Western Confed. Impression? Spencer tie shoe?
    I posted this question earlier, but I don’t think I was that specific about what I was seeking. Also, where is a good place to get a good civ. Style shoe, preferably a low quarter shoe

Re: Spencer Tie Shoe

I don't know about the Spencer tie shoe but Robert Land makes some nice civilian low quarters. There is another thread on the forum about Mr. Land but to save time my info on him is: rlandfootwear@rogers.com and (519) 835-7147. Marinos up in Gettysburg stocks them but I have bought direct as well. I have worn my smooth out low quarters from him to several dressier events where heel plates aren't allowed and have worn them to work to stay in touch with the hobby while flying a computer. Great product and a nice guy to deal with.
    Jim Reynolds
    Sykes' Regulars
    Jim Reynolds
    Sykes' Regulars

"...General Jackson rode up & told them that they must look out, for those troops were the regulars & if they made the slightest mismove or wavered an instant all would be lost, for the regulars were devils & would cut them to pieces."

Comment

Re: Spencer Tie Shoe

Echoing Foggy Bottom Jim; I have a pair of the Land low quarters too. They have a welt over the instep, rather low wooden heel, and very nice square toed profile.

I've heard of "the Spencer shoe", but am not 100% positive that this shoe is the same item.
      Fred Grogan
      Sykes' Regulars

Comment

Mjn

I own two pair of MJN shoes (Federal and CS) and cannot say enough about their comfort, looks (like the originals) and the service of Mick Nesseim. They ARE expensive ($200 a pair), but this is the most-important item you'll own, especially if you are campaigning and marching anywhere further than from your car to registration.

My only "quibble" with them is the CS shoe is black like the Federal one, and with long trousers on, is not particularly distinguished from "captured" Federal shoes. But if you are one of those folks who is happier knowing you're authentic even if no one can see the details, then these shoes are superb. They have a very narrow last, and a high cut that looks very much like the originals I have seen.
        Bill Cross
        The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Working...
        X