Texas under the Rebel Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas under the Rebel Flag

The Texas State Library and Archives Commission has just announced a new online exhibit entitled "Under the Rebel Flag: Life in Texas During the Civil War." It is a great overview, with embedded images of documents with transcriptions. Pages include:
    Before the War
    1860: Big Trouble
    Secession!
    1861: Opening Act
    Dissent
    1862: Fiery Trial
    1863: The Tide Turns
    1864: No Way Out
    End of the Ordeal
    Further Reading
    Two particular items caught my eye--a coded KGC message, with translation, and a list of lady cotton robbers in Lavaca County.

Web address: http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/exhibits/civilwar/index.html

Vicki Betts

Re: Texas under the Rebel Flag

Quite enjoyable reading. I have been interested in the area of East Texas during the war. Thank you for the link
    [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for posting the link. I found the information very interesting. Thanks

Andrew
      Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Originally posted by vbetts View Post
        The Texas State Library and Archives Commission has just announced a new online exhibit entitled "Under the Rebel Flag: Life in Texas During the Civil War." It is a great overview...Vicki Betts
        Thanks. Re: Related item in Music Forum here "La Chinaca" ...I'll browse the web link you provide for "Under the Rebel Flag..." about Texas Confederate units defending along the Mexican border

Dan Wykes
        Danny Wykes

Comment

Working...
        X