NCO Chevrons in the 116th Pa in 1865

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCO Chevrons in the 116th Pa in 1865

From the journal of Daniel Chisholm, from the book titled, The Civil War Notebook of Daniel Chisholm his journal offers a nice slice of ersats in the federal army of 1865.

Sunday, January 14 "We have special orders for every non commisioned offiicer to have chevrons on their arms and stripes on their pants. The quarter master hasn't any, we have to take old blouses and make them ourselves. It is laughable to see the boys all at work with their needles. You may depend some stitches are long."

Mr. Chisholm served in the 116th Pa

NOTE the heading should say 1865

Steve Acker
    Last edited by Steve Acker; 09-13-2012, 11:45 AM.

Re: NCO Chevrons in the 116th Pa in 1865

Originally posted by Steve Acker View Post
    From the journal of Daniel Chisholm, from the book titled, The Civil War Notebook of Daniel Chisholm his journal offers a nice slice of ersats in the federal army of 1865.

Sunday, January 14 "We have special orders for every non commisioned offiicer to have chevrons on their arms and stripes on their pants. The quarter master hasn't any, we have to take old blouses and make them ourselves. It is laughable to see the boys all at work with their needles. You may depend some stitches are long."

Mr. Chisholm served in the 116th Pa

NOTE the heading should say 1865

Steve Acker
    How very strange, I wonder what reason they did this?

I don't suppose they have any pictures of it and it must be something to do with the officers preference of dress. otherwise i have no idea why they would do it.
    Robert Dickson, 2nd Lt. 69th New York, Company C UK

Comment

Working...
    X