X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Book Shelf at the AC

Greetings Everyone!

We are proud to announce the launch of this new folder at the AC. This folder will be called "The Book Shelf". Thanks to Michael Comer for the name.

Here are the ground rules. It will be open to authors and members to post different non-fiction, research, first person accounts, biographies and autobiographical books for discussion. We are encouraging authors to post here, because we feel there is a natural connection between The Authentic Campaigner and the Author/Researcher Community. In fact, there are quite a few people who do both. Ken Knopp, one of our Cavalry Moderators is one of those people and he will be posting about his books in here soon to get things rolling.

Posting Guidelines For Authors:

For the authors, it will be simple. You will sign up the same way anyone else does if you are currently not a member. We ask that if you use an avatar, it be a real picture of you, or no photo at all. Typically, members here are required to have a peiod image of themselves, but we understand that many authors do not reenact so a period photo is not required. So that you can point people where to purchase your book, you can put a link to it in your signature block below your name.

The goal here is to provide a platform for open, scholarly discussions of books. Members can recommend books, but authors will essentially answer questions, discuss research, and connect with other authors. The same rules apply here as elsewhere. Let's just keep it civil folks. I think it would be a great benefit to our forum if authors felt comfortable enough to come here and share their knowledge with us.

To any authors out there who write about the Civil War, this is an invitation for you to come and share your books with us. A lot of what we do in this part of the hobby goes back to books and research and this is a very knowledgeable crowd.

Well, I think that about covers it for now folks. By all means if you have any questions, comments, etc., please feel free to shoot me a PM.

The Book Shelf is Officially Open. What do you think?
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 01-29-2014, 11:55 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: The Book Shelf at the AC

Great idea! What about research articles, or is the book shelf limited to books?
    Kenny Pavia
    24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Ken:

You can get in touch with me by PM for research articles. We have another avenue coming soon for that. ;)
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Eric,

Would this also be a good place to post if you are looking for a particular book or need to find someone that has it for the purpose of research? Thank you.

Respectfully,
        Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyMutt View Post
          Eric, Would this also be a good place to post if you are looking for a particular book or need to find someone that has it for the purpose of research? Thank you. Respectfully,
          Tommy:

Yes. As long as it is a non-fiction book that fits within the types we specify here, I think that is a good suggestion. We hope this will become an archive in the future like the older forums are now.
          ERIC TIPTON
          Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
          X