Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best books for an authentic/progressive reenactor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best books for an authentic/progressive reenactor?

As a a newb what are the best books out there for federal research I have echoes of glory
    and stuff I’ve saved on kindle like the manual of volunteers logistics of the civil war and Casey’s and Hardee’s hard tack and coffee as the basics but what are other good books for research original diaries
    post war accounts new research? I’ve scrambled through this section hoping to find articles specific to my
    portrayal

best regards
    chris roberts 79th New York company c
    Christian Roberts

Any new good info books I have research from
    the liberty rifles page about various topics
    any links listed here worth perusing?

chris roberts 79th New York company C
    Christian Roberts

Comment

At least for New Mexico, the Mansfield and Johnston inspection reports prior to the war were very useful for learning about uniforms and equipment of the Regulars. The Peticolas journal was useful for reading about active campaigning in New Mexico by the Texans. Ten Years In The Ranks is a good one for the Regulars, although it was written long after the war.
      Michael Denisovich

Bookkeeper, Indian agent, ethnologist, and clerk out in the Territory
      Museum administrator in New Mexico

Comment

Great I look those up

Chris roberts
        79th New York company c
        Christian Roberts

Comment

Stuff specific to New York militias would be helpful as well I have Todd Rich’s book about the 79th and have the original roster also have information about uniforms and equipage early on and Mid war which would have been some standard federal gear basically

chris roberts 79th New York company C highland guard
          Last edited by 79thpard; 02-18-2023, 09:34 PM. Reason: Didn list my name
          Christian Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by NMVolunteer View Post
            Ten Years In The Ranks is a good one for the Regulars, although it was written long after the war.
            It can be found here:

Thomas Aagaard

Comment

Working...
            X