Thoughts on this CS image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on this CS image?

Here is a copy of a photo I was given ontop Missionary Ridge by a family member of the subjects after the 2003 Lookout Mountain climb and event - these are two Czech brothers of the Louisiana Crescent Regiment 1861. Unfortunately the writing on the back is in Czech and I have not had it translated. In some photos men of both this regiment and the 18th LA Inf sport yellow tinted trim, dark shoulder straps, etc. Echoes of Glory has some as well.
    Attached Files
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Doug is that guy on our right wearing eye glasses?
      Luke Gilly
      Breckinridge Greys
      Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

Originally posted by DougCooper View Post
        Well said Paul. I am going to research the Lousiana Crescent Regiment and some others who took the field with every company in something different.
        Hi,

I'm new to this forum and ran across this thread by searching the archives. I am trying to research the Crescent Regiment and was wondering what you have found on it's uniforms. I understood that when they first left N.O. they were all in the same uniforms by private procurement but were issued new regulation uniforms a few weeks later at Shiloh. That being said, I've never seen two photos of Crescents wearing the same uniform. I would appreciate all input.

Clay Lord
        crescentregiment@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
        X