• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hireddutchcutthroat
    replied
    Re: 15th Wisconsin

Originally posted by reb1912
    Have a look, at the 15th Wisconsin reenacted: http://www.sitecenter.dk/unioncpl :)

Sorry site is only in Danish!!
    Vad bra jag förstår Danska!

Leave a comment:

• J.Haug
    Guest replied

Originally posted by MuddyTrowsers
    Robert,

Thanks for posting the images. My g-g-g grandfather was Halvor Brenden of Company E, 15th Wisconsin, so I'm always interested in anything related to the 15th. Nice to see a bunch of Norwegians getting some attention, and hopefully there won't be too many Norwegian jokes.
    This is a good opportunity to tell you, that we are some danes too from Company B, 15th Wisc. Vol. Infantry "For Gud og Vort Land" :)

Leave a comment:

• reb1912
    replied

Have a look, at the 15th Wisconsin reenacted: http://www.sitecenter.dk/unioncpl :)

Sorry site is only in Danish!!

Leave a comment:

• The Marching Twelfth
    Guest replied

Here are two pictures from the 12th Wisconsin where the soldiers put the number of their regiment on the collars of their Wisconsin state issue jackets.

And here is another picture from the same regiment, they have large company letters on their kipi's.

I also wonder if the men from the 15th pictured above have large brass letters on their bills, and they just look painted because the photographer touched them up to give them color.
    I also think that the soldiers wearing the sack coats above are wearing Wisconsin state issue jackets, and they have stiff collars on them like frock coats.

While I'm posting pics I'll put this one on here to that I think is neat.

Last edited by ; 02-05-2004, 05:42 PM. Reason: pictures didnt work

Leave a comment:

• hireddutchcutthroat
    replied

Originally posted by TKlas
    Gents,

For those who are not aware, Scott Meeker of the 33d Wisconsin has a very informative website dedicated to the 15th Wisconsin.

Enjoy and On Wisconsin!
    I found the photos I posted here on that site. It is nice to see a site about probably the most underrated Northern regiment of the war.

Leave a comment:

• DougCooper
    replied

Wow - that website is fantastic and a model of what one can be. Tak!
    Originally posted by TKlas
    Gents,

For those who are not aware, Scott Meeker of the 33d Wisconsin has a very informative website dedicated to the 15th Wisconsin.

Enjoy and On Wisconsin!

Leave a comment:

• hireddutchcutthroat
    replied

Originally posted by MuddyTrowsers
    Robert,

Thanks for posting the images. My g-g-g grandfather was Halvor Brenden of Company E, 15th Wisconsin, so I'm always interested in anything related to the 15th. Nice to see a bunch of Norwegians getting some attention, and hopefully there won't be too many Norwegian jokes.
    Peter

Samuel Johnson is a shirttail relative of mine. He was one of the few Swedes (Småland) in the 15th. I imagine he heard every Swedish joke that the Noskys could drum up.

I love how these guys turned up the collars on there sackcoats and painted their company letter and 15 on their caps.

Hej Ole, Jag ska skriva min nummer på min mössa. Det se jätte bra ut!

Leave a comment:

• TKlas
    replied

Gents,

Enjoy and On Wisconsin!

Leave a comment:

• DougCooper
    replied

Bob Johnson (hireddutchcutthroat) outta know - he had ancestors in two famous regiments of heavy Squarehead....er Scandanavian and German representation, the 2nd MN and 9th OVI. At Chickamauga last year we saw that you can toss a rock between the two monuments on Snodgrass Hill. Was a tingly moment to imagine brothers and cousins from two states side by side as the rebs came up the hill.

If you are from the 15th Wisconsin are you a cheesehead or squarehead...or square-cheesehead?

What fantastic photos - can anyone remember any other such series where an idea caught on and everyone had their photo taken using an identical theme, as in the caps?

Leave a comment:

• markj
    replied

Hi,

Alas, I heard millions of "Ole and Lena" jokes when I was stationed at Grand Forks AFB ND. I'll spare you but they ranged in quality from "pretty good" to "oh, god."

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
    "Oofdah! More lutefisk for sure, ma!"

Leave a comment:

• MuddyTrowsers
    replied

Robert,

Leave a comment:

• RyanBWeddle
    replied

The dumbest regiment in the army .............

;^)

Leave a comment:

• hireddutchcutthroat
    started a topic 15th Wisconsin

15th Wisconsin

Here are some photos I found of the 15th Wisconsin.

Sivert Pedersen

Ole Lenvig

Knud Gullickson

John Johnson
Working...
X