ACW post cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACW post cards

A friend sent me scans of some post cards that his momma owns. These are postwar and are images of:

Miss Laura Keene, playing at Ford's Theatre April 14, 1865

President Lincoln's Home, Springfield, Illinois

Mrs. Abraham Lincoln

Peterson House In Which President Lincoln Died, April 15, 1865

The Assassins of President Lincoln

Mrs. Mary Surratt's House Where the Conspirators Held Their Meetings

Sergeant Charles Corbett Who Shot John Wilkes Booth

All of the cards are in good condition. He will send me scans or digital pics next time he visits her.

Any idea of value?
    Gil Davis Tercenio

"A man with a rifle is a citizen; a man without one is merely a subject." - the late Mark Horton, Captain of Co G, 28th Ala Inf CSA, a real hero

Re: ACW post cards

Dear Sir,
    It would be interesting to view the cards. Sgt. Thomas "Boston " Corbett is credited with the shooting of Booth, so perhaps the postcard is erroneously labeled.
    all for the old flag,
    David Corbett
    Dave Corbett

Comment

If these are Real Photograph Postcards (continuous tone, not halftone printing in ink), they could date anywhere from 1907 to the present. From the subject matter, I would guess they may date to the centennial in the 1960s. These were proabably mass produced by the thousands and not of great value. If they are printed in ink by the halftone process, they are of even less value.
      Scott Cross
      "Old and in the Way"

Comment

Pictures of the post cards:

Gil Davis Tercenio

"A man with a rifle is a citizen; a man without one is merely a subject." - the late Mark Horton, Captain of Co G, 28th Ala Inf CSA, a real hero

Comment

Working...
        X