Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Methodist University's DeGolyer Library collections digitized

From my reading of Civil War News I discovered this website:

The Civil War Photographs are mostly the 1884 images of T. Dwight Biscoe and Walter S. Biscoe as they traveled in Virginia, PA, MD, and West Virginia. However there are also some CDVs mostly of generals.

The Lawrence T. Jones III Texas Photographs has images that span a wide time period but for our interests do cover the antebellum, Civil War, and immediate post-war period. Women, men, children, and Confederate and Union troops (mostly officers). Some amazing images scanned at high resolution and therefore you can zoom in close on the details.
    Sincerely,
    Emmanuel Dabney
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
    http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Re: Southern Methodist University's DeGolyer Library collections digitized

Wow! That is incredibly clear for being 100-150 year old photos. Thank you for sharing that.
    My best Regards,
    Kevin Schoepfel
    140th NYVI

Comment

Thanks for sharing this site Mr. Dabney, it has some very nice photos, and so clear, especially the WWII collection.
      Sean M. Lamb

[I]"Our Reg't is composed of Germans, Dutch-Americans, and Irish they being the majority and very hard set. Our company is composed of the same stock, we can not agree very well with the Irish."[/I]
      James A. Peifer
      Co. C 46th Penna. Vol. Inf.

Comment

Many thanks.
        ~Southern Cal~
        aka: Lawrence J. Bach

Comment

Thank you so much, Mr. Dabney. I also took a look at the non-CW files on that site and they're pretty amazing, too.
          Becky Morgan

Comment

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!
            Brian Mott

Iron Rooster Mess

Backwaters 2010 Mud March

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The DeGolyer also has some great manuscript collections. Way too much fun!
              Annette Bethke
              Austin TX
              Civil War Texas Civilian Living History
              [URL="http://www.txcwcivilian.org"]www.txcwcivilian.org[/URL]

Comment

Interesting site. Thanks for posting.
                -Brian Jankowski
                Sally Port Mess

Comment

Working...
                X